#GTCamp15

It's sounds like the backs are inexperienced hmmmm sounds about right when you have 8 seniors graduate. We're going to struggle on O so you might wanna pop the popcorn and enjoy the show. The timing takes practice and a ton of it. At some point I believe we will find the right core of backs but it could be to late by then. Good news is that we have Justin Thomas and he will keep us in the game when needed. I would like to see Marshall get moved to a-back. Allen,Skov, and Q would be a solid group there. I want to see Snoddy, Searcy , Lynch, Marshall ,Ike , and Davis at the A-back position. It's going to be a fun year regardless.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Big Errin Joe high on Andy Marshall at RG.... hmmmm....

Btw, we have 3 Marshalls on offense: Andrew, Marcus and TaQuon. Imagine if they all saw the field at the same time. More than a quarter of the O would be Marshalls.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
By the time we get to the ND game, the offense will be just fine. Some of you guys need to stop analyzing every practice report or CPJ's mood with the media. We still got 3 weeks before the real bullets start flying.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"Nobody stands out at Aback... nobody's a good blocker...."

No question CPJ is one of us. Always finds the problem to be fixed ...... why waste your time on what's working?

@sidewalkGTfan , watch that Iverson video about practice. Practice is important, but the end all is game day. So I agree with you that we'll probably work things out and we don't need to stress about practice. It just seems that we have far more information and video this year than ever before. So it's far more interesting than past years.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
It's sounds like the backs are inexperienced hmmmm sounds about right when you have 8 seniors graduate. We're going to struggle on O so you might wanna pop the popcorn and enjoy the show. The timing takes practice and a ton of it. At some point I believe we will find the right core of backs but it could be to late by then. Good news is that we have Justin Thomas and he will keep us in the game when needed. I would like to see Marshall get moved to a-back. Allen,Skov, and Q would be a solid group there. I want to see Snoddy, Searcy , Lynch, Marshall ,Ike , and Davis at the A-back position. It's going to be a fun year regardless.

I actually thinks this sets up for JT to have a MONSTER year. Im thinking Keenan Reynolds type production. JT was awfully generous with pitches last year, especially early in the year. He seemed very content with pitching the ball on the edge and letting the a-backs get some shine on plays where it was 50/50 who could get the edge. And when we NEEDED for him to be a little selfish with the ball and tuck it up and go he showed himself to be up to the challenge. In not saying that I think he will be sloppy about it, but I do foresee him keeping the ball on a lot more of those edge plays when it presents itself.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
I still haven't heard a single thing about Christian Philpott. I wonder how he is making the adjustment

Ken Suguira: "What have you seen out of Christian Philpott?"
Paul Johnson: "Uh, he's been running around in a red shirt for about a week."
(inaudible)
Ken Suguira: "Is that a long term..."
Paul Johnson: "Shouldn't be. Hopefully he'll be back Monday--we'll see--if not sooner."

Source: http://traffic.libsyn.com/gtathletics/cpj811.m4a

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I actually thinks this sets up for JT to have a MONSTER year. Im thinking Keenan Reynolds type production. JT was awfully generous with pitches last year, especially early in the year. He seemed very content with pitching the ball on the edge and letting the a-backs get some shine on plays where it was 50/50 who could get the edge. And when we NEEDED for him to be a little selfish with the ball and tuck it up and go he showed himself to be up to the challenge. In not saying that I think he will be sloppy about it, but I do foresee him keeping the ball on a lot more of those edge plays when it presents itself.
I agree he'll probably keep it more on those 50/50 plays, but defenses are going to be keying off him which should soften up the edges for the A-backs. I'm expecting teams to sell out to stop Justin until someone else proves to be a legitimate threat.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Anyone heard anything on Vic?
image.jpg
image.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I dunno. If I were a DC, I'd force him to give and pitch as much as possible. Remember, we take what the defense gives, it's very rare when JT can keep just because he wants to and not because of where the D is.

When Tevin was here, the DC mo was the exact opposite: force the qb to beat you with his arm and legs.