#GTCAMP14 Update

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After reading everything everywhere....

Looks like we had a good mix for both the offense and defense. They both made plays and or stops. Neither dominated the other. This is good.

Passing looks better overall compared to last year with both information from the wet spring game and reports from the scrimmage.

The offense should be well prepared for "popping", the LB jumping the LOS to disrupt the QB.

There are hints we may expect some "hurry up and look at the side line" offensive series when the situation calls.

Smelter is the NFL man we know. Waller may now feel the since of urgency needed to go after the ball.

Zenon may be the new AB play maker with plenty of talent around him.

Being very careful/mindful of injuries and not practicing your starters is a two edged sword. They miss some readiness for the season, yet this keeps them fresh for the season. We ease into the season with 3 progressing in difficulty games that will help with readiness as well.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a real treat having Roddy Jones on the broadcast team. He knows what he's talking about and he gives us that insider perspective we all crave. Great hire! He's also very eloquent which is another big plus.
I agree completely. He may end up being this generation's Kim King.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can't tell you how cool it will be to have a guy doing color who: knows the coach, knows the play book, has played in the offense, and was really good at it. Not to mention the fluidity of his rhetoric and the comfort level he brings to listeners. When I hear Roddy from behind the mic, I always feel like I am actually sitting next to him on the couch with a bowl of chips in front. It feels that personal. Since meeting him on fan day my suspicions have been confirmed. He truly is a warm person. I wish him the best and ultimately, I agree, he is probably headed for better gigs. In the mean time, however....

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Scrimmage Video looks
  • You can see Freeman pressuring JT at 21 seconds.
  • Days in the BB mesh at 33 seconds
  • Days BB blocking at 45 seconds
  • The MJ and DW mesh fumble forced by the hand of a blitzing LB at 1:11
  • Isaiah Willis is running like Godhigh on the Rocket toss... controls speed, does not slow down, cuts back inside hard at 1:15

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Scrimmage Video looks
  • You can see Freeman pressuring JT at 21 seconds.
  • Days in the BB mesh at 33 seconds
  • Days BB blocking at 45 seconds
  • The MJ and DW mesh fumble forced by the hand of a blitzing LB at 1:11
  • Isaiah Willis is running like Godhigh on the Rocket toss... controls speed, does not slow down, cuts back inside hard at 1:15
What, no cut ups with slo-mo forward/reverse/forward/reverse/forward/reverse? ;)

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
What, no cut ups with slo-mo forward/reverse/forward/reverse/forward/reverse? ;)
I have a few crappy clips that someone may be able to get some analytical use out of that I can send via email. My investigations into making them available on the net with anonymity intact has not yielded any easy way to do so. You are welcome to pm me and I will send them.