GTAA Debt and Finances

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
While it doesn't change your basic point about needing to fix our debt situation, the revenue number reported by the same Knight database that was used for Debt ($278M checks out) lists our 2022 revenue at $107M, not $79M. We're still near the top in D:R, but it's not quite as egregious as the table shows. Unless I am misinterpreting the data, which wouldn't be the first time.
I did a quick google search to get the $79M. However, in looking at the file Augusta shared, our revenue is actually $85M, so my number is a bit closer than the one they reported.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I did a quick google search to get the $79M. However, in looking at the file Augusta shared, our revenue is actually $85M, so my number is a bit closer than the one they reported.

The $85M is just the operating revenue, not the total revenue. At the bottom of that page is the net position, which is the total revenue, which includes investment, capital, and endowment contributions is $77.5M. Your original $79M quote was pretty accurate.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The $85M is just the operating revenue, not the total revenue. At the bottom of that page is the net position, which is the total revenue, which includes investment, capital, and endowment contributions is $77.5M. Your original $79M quote was pretty accurate.
Yes, I should have been clear that I did a comparison of debt to operating revenue and not total revenue.

I will say that if we have sufficient endowment funds, it should lessen the impact of our low operating revenue.

I am hopeful we include endowing all ships and coaching positions (along with a goal of cutting the debt in half) as part of the next big campaign.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I have noticed that revenue has recently included "alternate resources" beyond the old categories- tv sharing ( flat) , ticket sales ( we are woeful) , donations ( we are woeful) , student fees. Where are the alternate $ coming from?
I'm speculating, but it's possible that the Knight data includes endowment draws that are not included in the Contributions component of the $85M Operating Revenue. The draws are listed and explained in the GTAA Financial Statement, which counts them in their cash-based financials but not in the GASB-reported revenue. The cash-based total revenue is $103.8M which is close to the Knight number.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
AJC Reports that the GTAA 2023-24 Budget is estimated to be 124M to 128M.
Knight Data base $mm
2022 Gt 105, Uga 170
2016 Gt 77, Uga 117
2012 Gt 61, Uga 89.
So gt in 23-24 gt is where Uga was 6 years before

Sounds like since 2016 we are at least trying.

We have been about same as Vt since 16. In 22 we caught NCST

The tv guys must see $$ being committed.
Now lets have a good season and try to get the entire Alumni motivated

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Knight Data base $mm
2022 Gt 105, Uga 170
2016 Gt 77, Uga 117
2012 Gt 61, Uga 89.
So gt in 23-24 gt is where Uga was 6 years before

Sounds like since 2016 we are at least trying.

We have been about same as Vt since 16. In 22 we caught NCST

The tv guys must see $$ being committed.
Now lets have a good season and try to get the entire Alumni motivated
We've gone from 68% to 61% head to head. Not sure how we're going to stop the bleeding here, but we've not had the talent and desire Batt and Cabrera bring to the table so maybe we have a chance.