GTA tweet about tomorrow at 10am

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
People are saying on Fb that we can do what FL did and keep russell for baseball and softball and stil keep our contract. We would only have a contract with nike for bball and football. That is a possible way to get around our current contract. Thoughts?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
God help and forgive us if we ever go to B1G.

Would, at that point, be totally irrelevant.

Roddy to do color while modeling new UA unis and announcing a series vs Kenny St.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
Coworker of mine was telling me that a friends company, which installs high speed wireless networks in entertainment venues, is putting their newest product at Boddy Dodd. I think it is going to be free wifi. I recall there being a lot of complaints about network speeds at the games, so this could be big news if the gtaa is fixing that problem.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
The only reason i doubt CFA bowl for 2015 is we already have a pretty brutal schedule and i don't think administration would want another difficult matchup, but i could be wrong. If that does end up being the news, FSU, ND, uga, clemson and another upper tier SEC or B1G school would be one hell of a schedule.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
The only reason i doubt CFA bowl for 2015 is we already have a pretty brutal schedule and i don't think administration would want another difficult matchup, but i could be wrong. If that does end up being the news, FSU, ND, uga, clemson and another upper tier SEC or B1G school would be one hell of a schedule.
May be 2017

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
People are saying on Fb that we can do what FL did and keep russell for baseball and softball and stil keep our contract. We would only have a contract with nike for bball and football. That is a possible way to get around our current contract. Thoughts?

A lot of teams have separate contracts. UVA, Clemson, Fl... It's certainly do-able. Personally, I like having Russel make our uni's. It's unique and if we spun it correctly, could be pretty awesome.

If we had someone control the situation and tell Russel that we need better uniforms... Then we'd have better uniforms.

At the end of the day, fashion is a slippery slope and very few designers get it right. We are a bunch of football fans acting like we know what is in vogue. In reality, wins generate more tv coverage, which likely generates a well received uniform.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I'm a 100% sure it's NOT Nike. All the ads for this season are already out with the players in Russell jersey. If they were going to change companies they would not have ads out with the old company. A couple of things it could be CFB, weight room update/finished, improvement to the stadium/facilities, announcement of guy doing color or a dark top. Check out the harland howell topic. In the background is a dark top. I think it is navy blue but it could be black.

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think it's Nike, but if it were, they could announce something tomorrow for a future season.

Not sure if it's been funded previously, but my off the wall guess is that the golf facility has been funded.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
New NCAA sanctions?

LOL, I was thinking similar, going "Since Emmert mentioned that he thought our little schedule cards with the sponsors on them were inappropriate, the NCAA will probably announce that we're on death penalty notice"

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No way it's Nike. Just ain't happening.

It's the chicken bowl for 2015 against Bama, auburn or Tennessee. Just a few months ago the AJC ran an article with Gary Stokan, the president of the board, and he said GT was a favorite for next year. Timing is too coincidental.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Let's run through the scenarios:
  • Positive event - yes, would have to be to create a stir, otherwise the masses would riot
  • New apparel company - possible, but unlikely. Too late for this coming season, probably too soon for 2015.
  • Football scheduling announcement - possible, but more likely if it's huge - playing Bama, Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, future CFA Kick-Off
  • Coaching change - very unlikely - Near impossible, given we're in the midst of recruiting and summer workouts. All major assistant spots appear to be filled (Mark Price isn't walking into McCamish just yet).
  • Facility announcement - possible, reasonably likely. Baseball Stadium & Golf Facility are pending funding, unknown improvements to BDS maybe
  • Media announcement - unlikely, given this wouldn't excite the fan base too much and we've already had the major radio announcement
  • Ticket sales announcement - possible, but I'd consider this a let down
  • Some unknown appeal went through restoring our ACC Championship - would be a miracle, but I'd take it
What are the other ideas?