GTA tweet about tomorrow at 10am

LibertyTurns

Banned
Maybe we agreed on the proper shade of Gold?

Maybe we added an additional Calculus class because recruiting and graduating were getting too easy?

Maybe we found a new way to shaft ourselves?

We can only hope!

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
If Nike was buying Russell, Tech would NOT be the one announcing it. I seriously doubt that that's what the announcement is. My guess would be a big time non-conference opponent announcement or 2016 Chick-fil-a kickoff. I just hope it is actually BIG news and not just getting everyone excited for nothing. My stretch guess: B1G, hence the "big" announcement.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If Nike was buying Russell, Tech would NOT be the one announcing it. I seriously doubt that that's what the announcement is. My guess would be a big time non-conference opponent announcement or 2016 Chick-fil-a kickoff. I just hope it is actually BIG news and not just getting everyone excited for nothing. My stretch guess: B1G, hence the "big" announcement.

B1G isn't interest in Tech anymore since we gave our media rights (television) to the ACC until 2020.

My guess would be that we're going to play in the 2015 Chic-Fil-A Kickoff classic.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
B1G isn't interest in Tech anymore since we gave our media rights (television) to the ACC until 2020.

My guess would be that we're going to play in the 2015 Chic-Fil-A Kickoff classic.
They care about the media rights, but not nearly as much as having a school from that particular state join. The fact that we are in Georgia is more important to their revenue stream that actually televising home GT games before 2020. It's about getting BTN on the cable line-ups. The media rights thing isn't nearly as prohibiting as most people think. Not saying we're going. However, I live in the North Shore of Chicago and have had conversations with more than one Notre Dame alum (high level alums) that say that ND will not fully join the ACC as long as there's a chance GT will join the B1G. I found that very interesting, especially coming from different ND people. Many people up here still feel GT will eventually join the B1G. Not putting an credence on these comments, just found them interesting.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck

I was just joking since they said "big announcement". My actual guess is the Chick-fil-a kickoff.

Kalikiano

Georgia Tech Fan

Also that extremely high buyout price we voted yes to a few years back is saying no too.

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
It's us not renewing the russell contract. Or saying we have new uniform and revealing it. That's what it is. It was to do with that. The roddy jones thing would just be announced not have all this build up.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
They care about the media rights, but not nearly as much as having a school from that particular state join. The fact that we are in Georgia is more important to their revenue stream that actually televising home GT games before 2020. It's about getting BTN on the cable line-ups. The media rights thing isn't nearly as prohibiting as most people think. Not saying we're going. However, I live in the North Shore of Chicago and have had conversations with more than one Notre Dame alum (high level alums) that say that ND will not fully join the ACC as long as there's a chance GT will join the B1G. I found that very interesting, especially coming from different ND people. Many people up here still feel GT will eventually join the B1G. Not putting an credence on these comments, just found them interesting.
I don't think I've heard that one before. Why would we be interested in the big ten?