GT will be burning a redshirt vs VT

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Just read on TOS that Golden is out for the season and it looks like the same for Hill.

What other site? I don't see this reported anywhere else. Full disclosure I am a member of Scout and not Rivals but it doesn't appear that Rivals even has an injury thread on their insider board and Scout is reporting just out for this game.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw it on GTsportsTalk. I think I will wait for a little more reliable source than that.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I guess the silver lining is Jamal should still be able to take advantage of a medical redshirt since it happened during the 3rd game of the season.

gtyj18jr

Jolly Good Fellow
What other site? I don't see this reported anywhere else. Full disclosure I am a member of Scout and not Rivals but it doesn't appear that Rivals even has an injury thread on their insider board and Scout is reporting just out for this game.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw it on GTsportsTalk. I think I will wait for a little more reliable source than that.

Yeah the guy who post that is called GeorgiaTechKi11a. I think I'll wait. Not to mention the fact that all the other users posting in that thread were saying Golden would be out for a few games and this guy jumped to "out for the season."

Other injury news. I believed Milton was going to be ready to go but the coaches have decided to hold him out. Nealy says he's ready to go but might not be 100%.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm pretty sure the reason that Griffin's redshirt is being burned is not due to the injuries in the NC game so much as it was related to Isaiah Johnson announcing that he was going to take a redshirt.

I think the coaches had been planning to save Griffin's redshirt year, because they thought they would get Johnson back. He was cleared but opted to take a RS year because he thinks it will help his draft stock to come back next year fully healthy. Knowing that, the coaches knew they will eventually need one more safety so they figured the next best option is Griffin. Thus, off comes the red shirt.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The guy on GTST says Golden is having surgery on his labrum next week and it's going to end his season. He said he couldn't reveal his source, but it sounds legit.