GT... where making the Iron Man suit is possible

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
no. You missed two things which might improve your ability to comprehend posts in discussion forums generally. First, you missed the fact that I was responding to your previous post. Generally, that suggests that I'm referring to the contents of that post in my post. Second, you missed the word "riff" in my post which was referring to the whole section where he's talking about "you can do that." However, to be clear, it was only the playing of 2001, saying, "If you want to play theme music like a badass, you can do that .. . I am doing that" which he plagiarized.

cyp posted it in stingtalk, start at 8 min 44

I don't attend science fiction symposiums so I didn't get that reference, sorry. Furthermore, the word "riff" as I understand it is a small, repeated section of music. Seems Mr. Webster agrees with me:

riff
rif
noun
  1. 1.
    (in popular music and jazz) a short repeated phrase, frequently played over changing chords or harmonies or used as a background to a solo improvisation.

After seeing the clip, I see where you are coming from, he definitely ripped it off. I doubt the guy is gonna come after him in a court of law over it. At least he cited Sir Isaac Newton.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't attend science fiction symposiums so I didn't get that reference, sorry. Furthermore, the word "riff" as I understand it is a small, repeated section of music. Seems Mr. Webster agrees with me:

riff
rif
noun
  1. 1.
    (in popular music and jazz) a short repeated phrase, frequently played over changing chords or harmonies or used as a background to a solo improvisation.

After seeing the clip, I see where you are coming from, he definitely ripped it off. I doubt the guy is gonna come after him in a court of law over it. At least he cited Sir Isaac Newton.
short repeated phrase, not music. It says 'played' because a riff is musical. So what subjects do you teach at your middle/high school? :p

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
short repeated phrase, not music. It says 'played' because a riff is musical. So what subjects do you teach at your middle/high school? :p
science. Did you read the words in parenthesis to start the definition? Music has phrases, too. I guess you never studied music or played an instrument.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
science. Did you read the words in parenthesis to start the definition? Music has phrases, too. I guess you never studied music or played an instrument.
ok, I stand corrected then. It seems to me that it could be either way, and it is clear to me from ae's context what he meant.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
UPDATE: A George Tech media relations rep just tweeted at me to reiterate the claim that Selby asked permission from Stone before helping himself to the speech. According to the rep, Selby will come clean in a Fox News interview this afternoon.

http://gawker.com/georgia-tech-students-epic-welcome-speech-was-epical-1184716361
Yup, Nick said the guy he copied from was his previous debate coach or something. Nothing wrong with copying part of a speech.