GT WBB graduate assistant fired ...

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
On the Hive, 247, one person heard at the game that CMJ cursed out a few of the players(Pan, Fletcher, who said they wouldn’t play for her again)after the Va. game.
Personally, I heard nothing at the game about that story, crickets. Some speculation concerning the investigation leading to a settlement when finished next week. Certainly a distinct possibility. Embarrassing for a program in need of positive attention.

After the loss today, only chance of NCAA Tournament is winning the ACC Tournament. Which would take a miracle, without those experienced two guards. Jasmine Carson and Lotta-M.L. are giving it their all.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The “no staff alone with players” order after a suspension for “personnel issues” is pretty telling. We’ve had way too many probations and PR nightmares the last 10 years to keep someone on staff that can’t follow one rule.
Probably more to do about the suspension and lawsuit. Conversation could be used in court.

Deleted member 2897

On the Hive, 247, one person heard at the game that CMJ cursed out a few of the players(Pan, Fletcher, who said they wouldn’t play for her again)after the Va. game.
Personally, I heard nothing at the game about that story, crickets. Some speculation concerning the investigation leading to a settlement when finished next week. Certainly a distinct possibility. Embarrassing for a program in need of positive attention.

After the loss today, only chance of NCAA Tournament is winning the ACC Tournament. Which would take a miracle, without those experienced two guards. Jasmine Carson and Lotta-M.L. are giving it their all.

Why would Pan and Fletcher not play if CMJ is indeed not coaching?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That’s a great question I asked myself. It makes no sense not to play for Mark, unless he somehow was backing the tirade, but TStan didn’t think Simons was acting inappropriately(only following the H.C. decisions)? That is if in fact there was a tirade?
The only answers I could think of: 1)When it’s resolved, they might come back for a new coach should one or both want to play for the new staff put together? 2)Making a stand to the College and A.A., to show solidarity because they felt mistreated? Won’t play until they are certain she is gone?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The “no staff alone with players” order after a suspension for “personnel issues” is pretty telling. We’ve had way too many probations and PR nightmares the last 10 years to keep someone on staff that can’t follow one rule.
Think about what could have occurred for this rule to be ordered. It does not sound good right now for Coach Jo. I hope my fears are unfounded.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I coach AAU basketball. Guys though. I have on occasion used dirty words and told players they were "not living up to expectations". Don't do it often but never really had any blowback by players or in my case parents. Note parents are not part of an NCAA team.

I had 2 girls play college athletics. Neither was BB - volleyball and track. Throw out track but the VB player recounted stories of new words she learned and times the coach literally bounced off the walls. It happens - ON OCCASION. If it happens every game and every practice - OK then someone needs to step in. But verbal statements of displeasure on occasion don't IMHO live up to standards of "abuse". Even for girls.

Girls are without a doubt more prone to reacting badly to someone going off verbally. All the coaches my girls had told me that. They react to information more than "emotion". But IMHO it would have to be more than just peeling the paint in the locker room after the UVA game to have a couple of starters say they won't play for a coach anymore - and have an AD decide to suspend a coach while they figure out what to do.

One game blowup doesn't really rise to the level of what we are seeing. But who knows.