GT/VT Tickets

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Chattjacket, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Chattjacket

Chattjacket Jolly Good Fellow

2. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Just need to get butts in the seats...I expect a good crowd next Thursday. There is no excuse for any local GT fans to miss this game.

I will be driving 3 hours to the game...I love Thursday nights at BDS.

3. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

The last Thursday night game I attended at BDS was the 2009 GT-VT game. We stormed the field. It was EPIC!

4. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure UNC isn't the biggest conference home game of the year? Maybe I'd go with VT, but it's probably not as obvious as in years past.

We'll definitely invite some jokes because of this deal but in reality it's not the worst thing in the world. VT didn't exactly bring a crowd to the Thursday night game two years ago, and I doubt they're pumped to make their 2nd trip to Atlanta for what could be another loss. Furthermore the LivingSocial price isn't that far off from GT Ticket Office and street value at this point, so really it's just another medium to reach casual fans/households.

5. Chattjacket

Chattjacket Jolly Good Fellow

I think the perception is that VT is the biggest conference home game. I think the UNC game will be tougher to win, but the national, and possibly regional, perception seems to be that VT is a bigger game.

I do agree with you that it is another way to reach casual fans and to get butts in the seats, but I hate that we can't do that without using this medium for a game like this. Night games at BDS are, IMO, the best sports experience in ATL. I think we should be able to sell night games out for big time opponents without having to use alternate mediums to sell tickets.

6. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Helluva Engineer Featured Member

But Tech doesn't sell out, that is the reality. So anything which moves more tickets and coaxes more people to attend is a positive.

7. poodleface

poodleface Ramblin' Wreck

The 2011 Thursday night VT game was in November, and was freezing. If we can avoid the rain, the weather should be perfect.

8. Dustman

Dustman Helluva Engineer

Couldn't agree more. Night games at BDS are awesome. Thursday makes it tougher on us out of town Jacket fans, but I wouldn't miss this game for anything. All conference games are big, and like PJ says every game you win just makes the next one bigger. Hoping for big crowds this year and that fans will be at their seats when the Wreck rolls out on the field.

9. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

The 2009 VPI game was on a Saturday. We have never lost a Saturday home game against VPI in the CPJ era.

10. Dustman

Dustman Helluva Engineer

It wasn't at night either. But it WAS epic.

11. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Got you beat Erik. 4 to 4 1/2 hours, depending on Chattanooga traffic, for me :confused: I'm dying for a taste of the Varsity!

12. IronJacket7

I'm sorry you are correct. It was on a Saturday. It was EPIC though.

13. IronJacket7

The game was at night. Or at least by the end of the game it was night. I have a picture of me and the wife on the field and the sky is dark. It was really cold that night too.

14. DWTR&B

DWTR&B Georgia Tech Fan

Thanks for posting this. Just purchased 4 tix

15. Dustman

Dustman Helluva Engineer

Sorry my bad. I think maybe it was a 5p kickoff. And yes one of the coldest tailgates I can remember