GT @ VT prediction thread

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I have no score but think Tech wins......no kool aid drinker either but its time for the tide to turn .

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My heart is telling me the good guys find a way to win in Blacksburg and it springboards us to very nice season...but my head keeps looking at CPJ's 1-5 record versus VT and I'm worried our weaknesses will be magnified against this level of competition.

Well, as a wise man once said "The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of..."

GT 31
VT 24

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My heart is telling me the good guys find a way to win in Blacksburg and it springboards us to very nice season...but my head keeps looking at CPJ's 1-5 record versus VT and I'm worried our weaknesses will be magnified against this level of competition.

Well, as a wise man once said "The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of..."

GT 31
VT 24
Well Hope springs eternal for a tech fan........hang tuff we may surprise folks.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll go 27-17 ga tech. Vt gets a cheap touchdown late to make the game appear closer than it was. My bold prediction is the defense shows out.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll drive the ball well, but as the field shortens, may have difficulty punching the ball into the end zone. So, I think Butker gets 5 FG and we score 2TD (not necessarily all by the O). 29-24 GT.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Way to one up my Butker prediction. ;)
Credit to jeffgt14. Meant to "like" your post on my way to the end because that's what I was thinking the whole way through the thread. I think we'll do well between the 20's and struggle in the Red Zone. Seems you may have similar leanings.

I think we score 1 TD and 3 FG in the 1st half and 1TD and 2 FG in the 2nd half. We could possibly replace one of the FG's with a TD.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
31 VT
28 GT

Loss in OT, stymied on a 4th and long goal for the win. As a GT homer, it pains me to write this. Hope I'm wrong.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
27-17 good guys. VPI has as many questions as we do. I don't think Ohio State is that good without Braxton Miller, and Foster had the perfect plan for them. I think we've seen it more and are mature enough on the OL to counteract some of it. Justin Thomas is a much more confident practitioner of the offense than the last guy, and that'll make a big difference.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Our guys are too unpredictable(comes with being young). I think that we keep this game close, but am not sure if we can pull out the W. Definitely going to know where we stand after this one. I think that if we can put up at least 30, we win. I'll stay optimistic and say 34-27 GT.