GT - VT game thoughts

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Not much different than last year. Was hoping we wouldn't see one of these types of games for a while.

Remember to keep it civil.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Awful game plan.. When the line is getting beat up like that yes put him in the gun. No diamond formation, questionable play calls, continuous off sides penalties, receivers not making plays, fumbles, just terrible.

He simplified the offense enough for Bud Foster to dial up the perfect calls against it. I can't think of one person on offense that had a good game, maybe Sims. I lay this game on CPJ, his team was not ready.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like the things that bugged me the most about this game were the penalties (obviously) and questionable play calling (which also happens to be the biggest problem I have with CPJ). Has anyone ever noticed how GT always hypes up new additions to the offense during the offseason (like the diamond formation this year) and then we rarely, if ever, actually see it in game? I realize it's early in the season, but if the O-Line plays like that the rest of the way, it's gonna be a long season for CPJ and GT. CPJ is going to have to figure something out for the O-Line if he wants to be back on the Flats next year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Honestly this may be the best defensive front Tech will see this year, but it doesn't mean crap the bed on play calls. This game plan and strategy was a complete cluster f&ck from jump, and the execution was just horrendous.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
There's not many formations or plays you can call while your OL is just getting dominated. I have to give VT's DL credit. They just busted up our line on almost every single play.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Last thoughts for the night. Despite the play calling and the poor performance by the entire offense Tech had a chance to win this game. Either Tech's talent level in getting better or VaTech is a one trick pony with maybe the best d line in the country. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the season but I'm really disgusted with most of what I saw tonight.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
VaTech is not that good. Yes they have an awesome defense, but the rest of that team isn't much. I'm tired of seeing OUR BASE offense get it's a#$ handed to it by athletic defenses. It's frustrating, this is on the coach.

Last edited:

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
It crazy to think its our D that has carried us this far. I am very pleased with the defense but the offense needs to get going soon. The o-line will make or break this team. Time to move on to Miami and play a complete game.