GT vs. VT set for Noon Kickoff 9/20

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone going to Music Midtown that same day? Third eye blind is probably the first artist I would want to see who are going on at 3:15, so it is possible to watch the game and make it over to Piedmont Park. Any good viewing places in the midtown area for GT away games? I know Hudson Grille Sandy Springs is good, but is Hudson Grille midtown good also? I try to avoid the Taco Mac in midtown at all costs.

I would definitely recommend Hudson Grille. Besides having more TV's than Taco Mac across the street and usually more seating, they're good about showing the games for GT. If I couldn't attend an away game the last 2 years I've gone there, and they have a separate room upstairs where they ONLY showed the GT game on a projector plus the other TV's in the room. Unfortunately if there was a Dwag game on it would be on in the main upstairs with the larger projector, but the separate room always had a large showing for GT fans.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I hate to be the one to dump water on everyone's fire but Virginia Tech fans are still going to be just as loud at noon as they would be for a night game. I've been to an early afternoon game there and that stadium is really loud. The way it's designed seems to hold sound in and their fans are going to be pumped (justifiably) after their team just went to the horseshoe and beat OU this past week. Assuming they don't crap the bed against East Carolina this weekend, then they'll be nationally ranked and we will be their ACC opener. So I don't think we get overlooked by their team, their coaches, or their fans.

hmmmm, I don't want to hear that.But it is better than a night game with 75000 peering DOWN at you like cats looking at mice in a box with spotlights beaming down. That's the feeling I got playing in hi school at opponents stadium.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the last time we played Poly at noon was when Calvin spanked them in Blacksburg. The ACC tried to get Poly back in the game and made Bob Griese so mad that he couldn't speak.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was disappointed when I heard this. An early start means that ESPN doesn't think it is worth using a more lucrative spot later in the day. They want to maximize the eyeballs on the games, and neither VT or GT are worth it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I was disappointed when I heard this. An early start means that ESPN doesn't think it is worth using a more lucrative spot later in the day. They want to maximize the eyeballs on the games, and neither VT or GT are worth it.

They put us on ESPN/ESPNU which is better than later with espn3 only iiuc.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
OSU QB was terrible - 9 for 31 w3 interceptions against Vt. Not accurate when time available - when rushed wildly inaccurate.
ESU qb was strong against South Carolina -350 yds.

Could be interesting - lots of passing by ESU - could be close.