GT vs UGA @ Turner Field

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Grimes pitching well. After last year's debacle I hope we turn it on today. T6 now. Still 0-0. The good guys have 3 hits to 1 for the mutts. No errors for either team. Grimes has pitched 5 good innings; allowed 1 hit and 2 BB. They changed their pitcher after 4 IP.

Go Jackets!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Holder hits Murray and walks Gonzo when he was looking to bunt. UGA changing their pitcher now. No one out for Tech. This is the inning to get on the board. Go Jackets!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Ernest struck out, but the ball was lose so Murray broke and scored! Tech leads 1-0! Woohoo! Runners advance as well. Runners at 2nd and 3rd. THWG!!!!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets are turning it on in the field. First Hyde with a great throw to get the first out. Next Spingy makes a super, super catch get out #2. Then, UGA get a hit but their runner got greedy and went for broke, Peurifoy threw him out to end the 7th! Jackets lead 1-0 and we head to T8. Go Jackets! THWG!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets lead 2-0! Gonzo steals 2nd and goes to 3rd on a wild pitch, and in scoring position. Ball 4 to Murray, but the ball gets away from the catcher. Another wild pitch and Gonzo scores!! Go Jackets!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Another wild pitch and Murray goes to 2nd. What the bleep is going on here? LOL! UGA with another pitching change..

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
A shutout would be nice.
Two wild pitch runs. Speedy steals second and then UGA throws two wild pitches to put him home. Sweet.

I really wish our team had more power. But I'll take a win any way. Even if we have to rush every inning and never pass.

I see what you did there. ;)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like the move to put Clay in after Roberts gave up a hit. Hall has been a bit slow IMHO to pull pitchers in other games.

One thing I noticed in the UVa game is in the 9th when we were down by a run with men on base, Hall left in a sub 200 hitter. I kind of get the feeling that Hall does that to develop players. And give them chances to be heroes. And even if they have bad outings, he hangs with them if they have the talent to let them get their heads right. Does anyone else see that with him?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Had runners in scoring position in like 5 innings? One now in 9th - Gold double. And we get the 6th UGAg pitcher. About time we got a run the old fashioned way, by hitting!

I would have pinch hit for Earnest with one out. Or would it take too long to get Pabst ready to play?

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
A good win for the Jackets. Now to get some practice against USF and hope a few results go our way and we sneak out of the play-in game.. Go Jackets! THWG!