GT vs Pittsburgh Final Stats/Participation Report

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Pitt sure took away our running game. No wonder our red zone offense was so bad. To hold Gibbs to minus yards rushing and Mason to just a handful is hard to grasp. Wow.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Pitt sure took away our running game. No wonder our red zone offense was so bad. To hold Gibbs to minus yards rushing and Mason to just a handful is hard to grasp. Wow.

On O we spread our players out side line to side line most often leaving 5 Olinemen. Pitt did not bite. The came after us with 4 DLs and LBs to fill all the gaps and often in the process just ran right through us. I saw no major adjustments so during the course of the game not much changed. We got out numbered and whipped in the line. No chance to run and spotty protection to pass. Poor prep, poor scheme, poor execution...just plain outplayed and outcoached.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I saw Ryan Johnson on the sidelines for much of the game.
Saw Marquez Ezzard suited up but he literally never got off the bench.
Cooper was on the sidelines in T shirt and shorts.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You know Kenny Cooper has not been able to play a full season since he has been here. I love his heart and he gives it everything he has when he is in there and is a pretty darn good football player. I think the coaches counting on Kenny to be a frontline player and major part of our offensive line was much akin to fool's gold. I think he would have been much better suited in a role as a backup where you could limit his snap count and try to manage his workload. In other words, nurse him along and hope to have him available for much of the season. His body is just not going to take a full load. I hope they will reconsider using him as a starter and do whatever is necessary to develop a more reliable starting guard. I know they tried Vaipulu Saturday and he had some struggles but he at least gained some experience.

I would consider moving Minihan to Guard and playing Franklin (who is supposed to be a mean SOB) or Lay at Center. We need to get some of these backups in the mix. I would shift to more of a full-on scrimmage environment at practice and fully simulate game conditions in full pads to the maximum extent allowed by the NCAA guidelines. We just have to recognize that our Offensive Line is our most pressing need, our Achilles heel, and work our tails off to address and correct the situation with the greatest sense of urgency possible.

Go Jackets!

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw Ryan Johnson on the sidelines for much of the game.
Saw Marquez Ezzard suited up but he literally never got off the bench.
Cooper was on the sidelines in T shirt and shorts.
I was sitting behind the offensive benches in the lower half of the lower west.
I noticed Ezzard the entire game sitting like it was a park bench in Central Park, people watching and feeding the pigeons with his arms spread out resting on the top of the bench enjoying a sunny fall day. He never joined any of the Offense sideline huddles during timeouts or breaks. he wasn't in any juice squad, clapping, cheering, talked to nobody, nothing. Very strange.
If there was negative participation report, he would be in it.

Scubapro

Banned
Did you listen to Geoff's presser? He made it sound like we just set an all time rushing record...Best since the 70s. I think he is mentally ill.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I noticed Ezzard the entire game sitting like it was a park bench in Central Park, people watching and feeding the pigeons with his arms spread out resting on the top of the bench enjoying a sunny fall day. He never joined any of the Offense sideline huddles during timeouts or breaks. he wasn't in any juice squad, clapping, cheering, talked to nobody, nothing. Very strange.
There is one thing people forget when a player is in transfer portal there is a reason he didn't get playing time on the team he was on ( I for one include myself forget this ) odds are if a player is a problem on one team that problem will follow him.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
There is one thing people forget when a player is in transfer portal there is a reason he didn't get playing time on the team he was on ( I for one include myself forget this ) odds are if a player is a problem on one team that problem will follow him.
So true. However, I was trying harder than he was. And I was in the stands not on the sideline.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Did you listen to Geoff's presser? He made it sound like we just set an all time rushing record...Best since the 70s. I think he is mentally ill.
I quit listening to his pressers because it was the same spin. I do listen to Thacker and P-node.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
If I remember right, CGC singled out Ezzard as the most valuable juice crew guy either last year or in 2019. He mentioned more than a few times how Ezzard would keep CGC encouraged during games and was very involved despite not playing much. Wonder what happened there.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
When’s the last time a GT quarterback passed for that many yards?
2007 against Maryland.

2001. 2011 yardage was by multiple QBs in the game.

"Sims’ 359 passing yards were the most by a Georgia Tech quarterback in 20 years, dating back to George Godsey throwing for 486 against Virginia on Nov. 10, 2001. Tech’s 359 passing yards as a team were its most in a decade, dating back to its 365 yards through the air against Western Carolina on Sept. 1, 2011."