GT vs NC State to Kick at 4pm ET ACCN

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
A lot of folks missed watching the GT / Duke game on TV. I'm lucky to be able to attend our home games. However, I'm dropping Hulu after football season.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Does Hulu not have ACCN?
My post may have been confusing. They do have the ACCN, but I have become weary of the networks and streaming companies not working out their contract issues. I got Hulu for ACC football. Tech basketball is a lost cause so I'll do something else during basketball season.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
My post may have been confusing. They do have the ACCN, but I have become weary of the networks and streaming companies not working out their contract issues. I got Hulu for ACC football. Tech basketball is a lost cause so I'll do something else during basketball season.
I added ESPN+ for 5.99 and I believe you get almost everything. I saw the last game on ESPN3. I also saw the GT vs. Ga state game but didn’t see the Mercer game.
My phone was set up to have xfinity as my provider so I called ESPN technical service and they walked me through the process to reset and I added YTTV as my provider so I may have been able to see it. Kinda glad I didn’t.
If you get the Disney package for 6.99 it also gives you ESPN+ I kinda wish I had done that but I could def switch over.
I did add the sports package on YTTV. I’m probably paying around 65-70 bucks total but that’s 1 trip to a bar to watch a game for me.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I added ESPN+ for 5.99 and I believe you get almost everything. I saw the last game on ESPN3. I also saw the GT vs. Ga state game but didn’t see the Mercer game.
My phone was set up to have xfinity as my provider so I called ESPN technical service and they walked me through the process to reset and I added YTTV as my provider so I may have been able to see it. Kinda glad I didn’t.
If you get the Disney package for 6.99 it also gives you ESPN+ I kinda wish I had done that but I could def switch over.
I did add the sports package on YTTV. I’m probably paying around 65-70 bucks total but that’s 1 trip to a bar to watch a game for me.

I had the Disney+ and ESPN+ package last year but it didn't allow streaming of college football. Cancelled ESPN+ shortly after I found out. Are they allowing college FB streaming now?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If I am still on this side of the dirt in 20 years or so, I may well remember 2020 fondly as the year without the noon kickoffs.

No kidding. The ACCN has made it more profitable to put the games later in the day rather than the local RSNs putting on in otherwise dead time. So I think / hope this will continue.

I love it too since it doesn't eat up the whole day with a noon kickoff.

Update: To get into Sling for the Duke game I was blacked out till I tried this. Shut down computer (hard shutdown). Started up and immediately got into the New York city server. Then opened Chrome and then Sling and went to game with no blackout. Seems that a hard shutdown was necessary to clear cache, so a new trick possibly.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
I had the Disney+ and ESPN+ package last year but it didn't allow streaming of college football. Cancelled ESPN+ shortly after I found out. Are they allowing college FB streaming now?
To my knowledge ESPN+ isn’t the same as WatchESPN through your cable/streaming provider, meaning you don’t get ESPN regular channels or the ESPN3 RSN games. Stand-alone ESPN+ only shows select Big 12, Conference USA, American, and Sun Belt games. Maybe it has changed recently?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
To my knowledge ESPN+ isn’t the same as WatchESPN through your cable/streaming provider, meaning you don’t get ESPN regular channels or the ESPN3 RSN games. Stand-alone ESPN+ only shows select Big 12, Conference USA, American, and Sun Belt games. Maybe it has changed recently?

When I had it there was absolutely no CFB content available for streaming through the app.

Milwaukee

Banned
When I had it there was absolutely no CFB content available for streaming through the app.
They put some of them now but nothing big. For instance this is what’s scheduled currently this coming up weekend:

Eastern Michigan at Western Michigan
Florida Atlantic at Georgia Southern
Memphis at Tulane
Rice at Marshall

I have ESPN+ plus solely for Serie A and Bundesliga soccer.

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I am not in the Atlanta market, so things may be different for me...but I have Hulu + Live TV and was able to watch the game on Saturday. It was on one of the ESPN Gameday channels.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
With a provider such as YouTube or Hulu or almost any cable provider.

I used to use a buddy’s xfinity log in but he cut the cord.

After paying for and using MLB and how much enjoyment I got watching the Braves I want to be able to watch GT basketball in Wyoming, where I live. I’ve also been traveling for the last two months so it’s been beneficial there as well.

Been streaming YTTV to my phone or iPad. I watched MNF while we were driving last night.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
No kidding. The ACCN has made it more profitable to put the games later in the day rather than the local RSNs putting on in otherwise dead time. So I think / hope this will continue.

I love it too since it doesn't eat up the whole day with a noon kickoff.

Update: To get into Sling for the Duke game I was blacked out till I tried this. Shut down computer (hard shutdown). Started up and immediately got into the New York city server. Then opened Chrome and then Sling and went to game with no blackout. Seems that a hard shutdown was necessary to clear cache, so a new trick possibly.
I also use sling which has the ACC and SEC networks along with Espn 3. I assume you were using a vpn when noted logging into a nyc server for local blackouts on espn3. I spend the $30/month for 3 months for football and then drop the service until next fall. Vpn’s are cheap - but since they have the ACC network, have not needed it.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
A lot of folks missed watching the GT / Duke game on TV. I'm lucky to be able to attend our home games. However, I'm dropping Hulu after football season.

I was able to watch the game on HULU - college football extra had it, and I was pleasantly surprised. But, like you, I will drop Hulu Live when season is complete. They are raising the price to 64.99, which is nonsense. Basically, the streaming options for live TV are now really the same price for what I can get the cable internet/TV bundle. I'm not sure anymore what advantage streaming will have going forward, when they are no longer less expensive?

Milwaukee

Banned
I was able to watch the game on HULU - college football extra had it, and I was pleasantly surprised. But, like you, I will drop Hulu Live when season is complete. They are raising the price to 64.99, which is nonsense. Basically, the streaming options for live TV are now really the same price for what I can get the cable internet/TV bundle. I'm not sure anymore what advantage streaming will have going forward, when they are no longer less expensive?
$65 is still a good deal though.
Listen to this story: when I called Spectrum to cancel my cable (kept internet) they offered me a 10 channel a la carte option to keep me. I’m like, what?!? Which is what every single paying subscriber wants, pick our own channels and pay for only those. He wouldn’t offer more than 10 so I rejected. But I wasn’t aware this was even an option, so this pretty much tells me these companies could offer all of us a la carte if they wanted to. They make too much money with the current setup.

Last year, there were several websites which provided FREE streaming of ACC games, but I no longer have the links to those sites. Does anyone know of any? I will not pay, even temporarily, for an online service.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Last year, there were several websites which provided FREE streaming of ACC games, but I no longer have the links to those sites. Does anyone know of any? I will not pay, even temporarily, for an online service.
Couldn’t find any this season :( bumming off my parents’ cable package for an online log in to watch us lol