GT vs. NC A&T

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
So...I guess I am not the only one who missed the fact that the basketJackets are playing today. I think someone must have forgotten to tell them, too....because they have not played well so far.

They were down by 11 earlier, and things were looking pretty bad. Missed dunks, bad turnovers, ugly fouls, etc. They just look out-of-sync. Not sure if this is the hangover from losing Jorgenson, or trying to add Bolden into the mix, or just running into a hot opponent, but it ain't pretty.

Thankfully, Golden, Carter, and Poole have led a nice comeback and have tied it up 52-52. We'll see how they finish.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackets finally take the lead 60-58. Holsey and Trae Golden stepping up big. As strange as it sounds, this one would be a big win for the Jackets because it would show they can come back from adversity. A win is all that matters at this point.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
"They just look out-of-sync. Not sure if this is the hangover from losing Jorgenson, or trying to add Bolden into the mix, or just running into a hot opponent, but it ain't pretty."

Probably all of the above SABuzz. Well maybe not the Jorgenson loss, they looked awful last game. And Bolden, like last season, is not playing well early in the season. Just no chemistry, five guys playing one on one basketball.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"They just look out-of-sync. Not sure if this is the hangover from losing Jorgenson, or trying to add Bolden into the mix, or just running into a hot opponent, but it ain't pretty."

Probably all of the above SABuzz. Well maybe not the Jorgenson loss, they looked awful last game. And Bolden, like last season, is not playing well early in the season. Just no chemistry, five guys playing one on one basketball.
Hope the chemistry starts to form soon...
While it wasn't pretty is as already stated a win is a win.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Saw the Game. Observations

1) Our team doesn't have chemistry, win are out of sync on offense. We seem to be playing at a faster tempo and pushing the ball quicker up the floor, and I'm not too sure if this isn't throwing off some of the players from last year, which brings me to

2) Carter looks lost on offense. He is struggling. He had some moments today, but this is the first game I have seen a positive from him. I hope He has turned the corner and we start to see more production from him.

3) Bolden is lost. This is expected with the suspension, hope he gets back into form soon.

4) The new rules are really affecting the game. So may fouls now, I'm not sure if I like them or not, but they definitely change the complexion and flow of the game. The defender better learn how to shuffle his feet without putting a hand on the person

5) Our team has heart, we rallied on a night where we simply weren't playing well and the energy was low. The crowd helped towards the end and the guys fed off of it. I hope more fans show up in the future as even with all the issues, I like our team.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
A few observations from the game:

1. I know many of you might be crying about being down by 11 to this team in the second half, but NC A&T was not a bad team. They were in the big dance last year, and they had some good depth and good shooters. They played smart (another zone against us) and hit their FT early. This is not one of those teams we should have beaten by 40.

2. We do not win this game without Trae Golden. Having an experienced guard who can penetrate, score, pass, and hit his FTs is absoultely invaluable in college basketball. He took over this game (on both sides of the court) at the end, and his 38 minutes were the difference.

3. CBG is still searching for his rotation. As expected, Bolden in and Jorgenson out has caused some chemistry issues and CBG is still not sure who he can count on in the back court (other than Golden). Bolden's shot is still off, and he isn't helping the team very much right now.

4. Stacey Poole, Jr. is making some nice contributions with defense and doing "the little things." He is turning into a reliable role player, and will be a key to our success.

5. Big Bob Carter is slowly coming around. He was off early in the game, but did some good work inside to finish well. We absolutely need him to play well and be a force inside.

6. The jury is still out on how good (or bad) this team is. We will know soon enough!