GT vs Miami Postponed

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This game sets up nicely to be a win for us. Miami won’t be playing that night for the ACC championship & will be playing us instead. They’ll have zero interest in being out there and we pull the upset.

That is if there’s an actual game.....

Deleted member 2897

In a way, I'm glad this is happening. The way the virus is spreading now makes it more dangerous then ever to play football, even if the stands are empty. Maybe the current surge will subside and we can get on with the season, but I wouldn't count on it.

Too bad, though. I was looking forward to this game. After all, we beat them last year with the odds just about the same. I didn't think we were going to win, but I did think we had a chance.

Football never has been and never will be dangerous in terms of transmission of the virus.

Deleted member 2897

Apparently, Miami's excuse is they only have 6 O-linemen available.

Boo hoo. We played a whole season and beat them with less than that last year.

6 SCHOLARSHIP linemen. They probably have several more walk-ons. I do have sympathy for them. But at the same time it sucks to be working hard doing the right thing to be safe and you get no benefit for that. Along time ago, we played Maryland when due to a variety of factors they did not have a single quarterback available - scholarship or walk-on. They played anyway. Oh the good old days.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
6 SCHOLARSHIP linemen. They probably have several more walk-ons. I do have sympathy for them. But at the same time it sucks to be working hard doing the right thing to be safe and you get no benefit for that. Along time ago, we played Maryland when due to a variety of factors they did not have a single quarterback available - scholarship or walk-on. They played anyway. Oh the good old days.
That's right, poor Terps were reduced to using a back up tight end at one point. It's a rough game.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Honestly surprised it took this long for back to back games to be called . I feel bad for the team, these kids want to play, but we all knew going into the season that this was bound to happen.

Crazy to think that two Saturdays from now we would be playing GA on a normal year and wrap the season up

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly surprised it took this long for back to back games to be called . I feel bad for the team, these kids want to play, but we all knew going into the season that this was bound to happen.

Crazy to think that two Saturdays from now we would be playing GA on a normal year and wrap the season up
Tbh, kind of glad we don't have to watch that this year. Might be a very long time before that is a competitive game again.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I too feel bad for the players and the whole organization, but I'm very selfish, I wrongly feel sorry for myself. No football for three weeks and who knows what else is going to happen. For the first time in many years, I'm going to stay up on New Years Eve and see this horrible year go away.

Deleted member 2897

I really wish Todd would get on the phone with someone like North Carolina (or really anybody) to see who wants to play this weekend. We had an away game scheduled, so we would travel to their place. Gotta be people with canceled games that weren't their fault or open weekends that would want to line em up. But I'm guessing he won't do that. And now that I think about it, North Carolina probably wouldn't play - they will likely want a week off before hosting Notre Dame. But there's gotta be someone:
* Ole Miss got canceled on by Texas A&M. Lets play and winner gets Trenylius Tatum.
* Louisiana Tech got canceled on.
* Colorado got canceled on by Arizona State. 5th down revenge anyone?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I really wish Todd would get on the phone with someone like North Carolina (or really anybody) to see who wants to play this weekend. We had an away game scheduled, so we would travel to their place. Gotta be people with canceled games that weren't their fault or open weekends that would want to line em up. But I'm guessing he won't do that. And now that I think about it, North Carolina probably wouldn't play - they will likely want a week off before hosting Notre Dame. But there's gotta be someone:
* Ole Miss got canceled on by Texas A&M. Lets play and winner gets Trenylius Tatum.
* Louisiana Tech got canceled on.
* Colorado got canceled on by Arizona State. 5th down revenge anyone?
With no guarantees Tech plays any more games, and with no shot at making the ACCCG, there’s really no point in eating the cash involved with a road game. I think towards the end of the year if things are looking dire conferences should allow teams not in championship game contention to play local OOC teams. There’s no reason Tech and Miami should play on Dec. 19 opposite the ACCCG. Same thing with Georgia and Missouri and the SECCG. If we can’t play ACC games just let us play a round robin with the state of Georgia.