GT vs Miami Postponed

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
With the current exponential growth of COVID and colder weather this might be the end of CFB this year. Doesn’t bode well for basketball either.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
In a way, I'm glad this is happening. The way the virus is spreading now makes it more dangerous then ever to play football, even if the stands are empty. Maybe the current surge will subside and we can get on with the season, but I wouldn't count on it.

Too bad, though. I was looking forward to this game. After all, we beat them last year with the odds just about the same. I didn't think we were going to win, but I did think we had a chance.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
In a way, I'm glad this is happening. The way the virus is spreading now makes it more dangerous then ever to play football, even if the stands are empty. Maybe the current surge will subside and we can get on with the season, but I wouldn't count on it.

Too bad, though. I was looking forward to this game. After all, we beat them last year with the odds just about the same. I didn't think we were going to win, but I did think we had a chance.
I don't technically "like" this, but I sure as heck agree.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
For most teams? Where are you getting your info. I doubt that this is the end of the road for over 60 teams.
Just speculation. 10 games postponed last week and already our game and Ole Miss/A&M this week. I doubt these will be the last postponements this week. The season is starting to slip away.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Just speculation. 10 games postponed last week and already our game and Ole Miss/A&M this week. I doubt these will be the last postponements this week. The season is starting to slip away.

And not much hope for things to turn around much until spring when we start getting needles in arms. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
15 games were postponed or cancelled last weekend, over 30% of the schedule. Currently 4 for this week.
This game has been tentatively rescheduled for Dec 19th, but it might not happen at all.

I don't think the season is over. College football has too much invested not to limp home to the CFP but the number of games cancelled every week is likely to be as high or higher than last week. I am curious to see how many bowl games happen. I feel like the majority of them may not happen. On the basketball side the NCAA announced all previous sites for this year's March Madness are out and they are going to plan to stage the whole thing in indiana.

The environment is likely to get worse through at least the end of the year. As long as cases are rising the future state will be worse than the current state. Cases have doubled in less than 3 weeks and hospitalizations have doubled in less than a month (and are higher than at any point during this year).