GT vs KSU

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks to @FredJacket leading off the prior games, we are off to a 15-5 start. But this last weekend was testing even his powers .........

KSU is 12-6. Only played two mid-week games so far, beating Ga State on 23 Feb and losing to Wofford on 8 March. After us this mid-week, they go to North Florida who is not as competitive (174 RPI) so they should be able to throw their best against us if they choose to mess with the rotation. We have NC State starting Friday. So Wednesday's game will be tactical for us pitching wise.

Good team for us to play as they have a 25 RPI. That said, with our pitching depth, we **should** have a mid-week advantage in theory. But our team 5.68 ERA means we play with fire too much.

A better measure this early in the season IMHO is ISR ( http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/isr/currentisr.html ) where we are 28th and they are 47th. So should be competitive games.

Weather looks ok if rain stays Weds morning in ATL.

Rhetorical question if they aren't in the line up but very important. Any news on Chandler or DeLeo?

1647951730892.png

1647949961241.png

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m going to go ahead and call this one. Good win. Glad Cort got an inning. Good to see Reid heat up. Didn’t know Compton had been dinged up, so good thing s coming from him hopefully. Did Wiley say anything about Chandler coming back?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree with everyone’s comments. My only question is why we haven’t seen more of Smith and McGuire in weekend series? Or have I just missed the pitching onthe weekend?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with everyone’s comments. My only question is why we haven’t seen more of Smith and McGuire in weekend series? Or have I just missed the pitching onthe weekend?

Well they are currently our #2 and #3 pitchers by ERA.

Dal - more efficient last night. Has pitched last two weekends. I'd expect he is our closer / mid -reliever on weekend. As he third year, expect he'll get longerr relief?

1648034842170.png

Logan - also expect to be our weekend closer / reliever. A FR that is doing well.

1648035102611.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Left in the 4th. Couldn't stand watching anymore.

Can someone explain why there was so much fuss over the two plays:
  1. the play where our catcher tagged the KSU guy out after the home run. He was first called out, then safe. Wha?
  2. the double play where Danny got ejected. Was the call that bad?

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Strange play on the homer, catcher obviously sees it happen , says something to ump and then tags him when he tries to come back. Not sure of the rule , but evidently he is safe. CDH not happy, and then the replay looked to show the runner beat the throw at 1st . But was called out anyway to end inning. CDH evidently got his money’s worth between innings and was tossed.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Strange play on the homer, catcher obviously sees it happen , says something to ump and then tags him when he tries to come back. Not sure of the rule , but evidently he is safe. CDH not happy, and then the replay looked to show the runner beat the throw at 1st . But was called out anyway to end inning. CDH evidently got his money’s worth between innings and was tossed.
My understanding is that he can't be tagged out until the ball is put into play. The C needed to throw the ball to the pitcher and he needed to toe the rubber before the runner could be tagged out.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well. Got to somehow, some way, improve the majority of the Jackets’ pitching staff from here on out to the rest of this season.

It will be difficult.