GT vs. FSU, Wednesday Jan 26 at 9pm

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Was at the game. The live view of Sturdivant's crossover was even better than the highlight videos. I'm gonna assume that the reason the board is quiet right now is because the hater half of GT is upset we won and the good fans fell asleep after eating at Piccadilly followed by an episode of Matlock.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Was at the game. The live view of Sturdivant's crossover was even better than the highlight videos. I'm gonna assume that the reason the board is quiet right now is because the hater half of GT is upset we won and the good fans fell asleep after eating at Piccadilly followed by an episode of Matlock.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
The best part for me was Usher high-fiving fans after the game. The whole team used to do it after a win. I miss it. I guess the flu ruined that too.
I've always despised the Florida State chant. I can't stand to hear it at Braves games either. ''Why are they doing the Florida State chant? Deion has been gone almost 30 years!"
So the FSU fans started it up a few times loudly in the second half as the Seminoles closed the scoring gap.
THEN when we had the game clinched, the Tech band and students behind them gave the chant right back to them LOUDLY. That's the first time I've ever smiled when I heard it!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Loved watching that one! Got very frustrated a few times when our offense went anemic again, but the difference last night was how well we played on defense. It’s like it finally clicked with this group. I hope we can make a run and pick up some wins and then just see what happens in the ACCT. NCAAT is likely out of the picture unless we win that thing, but a (very strong - like only 3-4 more losses) run could land us in the NIT.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Woke up this morning and IT WASN"T A DREAM!!!

Loved the energy and just as import contributions from all even if didn't show staggering numbers in the Box Score. Howard (7 boards and 2 for 3 shooting) and Moore (with 5, yes 5 steals) deserve KUDOS for sure with their over all play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I was sleeping but recorded the game to watch today. Watched Dublin Murders and didn't need a later basketball game to keep me from sleeping.

Time to extend Pastner's contract? (duck) Seriously, we get better as the season goes on and Pastner wasn't able to do as much coaching and development with the flu and then COVID. I know I'm making an "excuse" and all teams had some type of trouble, but slow starting to work out our new players is Pastner's MO.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Howard was a bit shaky in the first half, but he played his best basketball late last night. He wasn't great, but looked like he belonged. And, we needed it.

With CJP we’ve usially come together as a team and played good basketball starting around late December. That didn’t happen this year.

Maybe one reason is Howard has been injured and hasn’t been on the floor for a month.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he’s playing, we finally commit the zone and suddenly we look good.

Although I do wish our bigs could finish from 3 feet like theirs.

/

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Yes it was... That jokers ankles broke badly. He was one of the main ones talking **** too!

Glad to see FSU get their asses whipped. Matt Cleveland had a terrible game. Basketball Gods were telling him something!

@HenryUsher - Nice meeting you last night. We were giving those FSU fans hell...LOL

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The best part for me was Usher high-fiving fans after the game. The whole team used to do it after a win. I miss it. I guess the flu ruined that too.
I've always despised the Florida State chant. I can't stand to hear it at Braves games either. ''Why are they doing the Florida State chant? Deion has been gone almost 30 years!"
So the FSU fans started it up a few times loudly in the second half as the Seminoles closed the scoring gap.
THEN when we had the game clinched, the Tech band and students behind them gave the chant right back to them LOUDLY. That's the first time I've ever smiled when I heard it!
uhhhh..did I miss something here, or do you think that the Braves started doing the chop because of Deion?

HenryUsher

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes it was... That jokers ankles broke badly. He was one of the main ones talking **** too!

Glad to see FSU get their asses whipped. Matt Cleveland had a terrible game. Basketball Gods were telling him something!

@HenryUsher - Nice meeting you last night. We were giving those FSU fans hell...LOL
Nice meeting you as well. To hell with FSU

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Great win!!! I thought we played with the greatest defensive intensity of the year. We were extremely active all night. I would love to hear how many deflections we had. I know CBG use to keep that stat...not sure if CJP does. I think my favorite lineup right now is Sturdivant, Devoe, Coleman, Usher, and Howard. I love when those five are on the court together. It gives us pretty good size with several scoring options. In my opinion, Howard's size makes a huge difference on the defensive end. We really missed that the games he was hurt. Time to take down the new ACC leader...the U!