GT vs. Cumberland: October 7, 1916

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
in 1948 my parents moved to Lebanon TN from Nashville. They built a house in 1950 that was on the back side of the Cumberland College campus. It was actually closed then. I played on their football field which was across the street from our house. It was more like a practice field with no stands but did have goal posts. We moved back to Nashville and the college reopened a few years later. Little did I know that school was so much a part of GT history.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

AAPeHWn.img

Nice to know the game ball was donated by alum Ray Schneider and now resides in the Edge Center

“We’re a pretty open family,” Schneider said. “The kids are rabid Tech fans and everything. It just wasn’t about anybody but me at the time and me giving back to Tech. Frankly, if I had told my wife or kids, they probably would have told me I was completely insane, which they did tell me afterwards.”

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I had a buddy send me a link to a tweet about the Cumberland game. He then asked if Geoff Collins was coaching Cumberland that day...... :LOL:

I mean, he has given up 70+ to Clemson and 50+ to GA and Pitt and Cumberland gave up 222 that day and put nothing on the board offensively, soooooo.... ;)