GT vs Clayton State game notes

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In a quick glance at Clayton State, their C is a preseason all-conference selection. Should be a nice little warm-up for Big Rot-ney!

Hope to see us blow their doors off, but will be watching for the following:

1. Our style of play - do we get out and run, how well do we move the ball, etc.

2. Our rotation - Who starts, who is first off the bench, etc.

3. How well we take care of the ball (do avoid careless turnovers?)

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
In a quick glance at Clayton State, their C is a preseason all-conference selection. Should be a nice little warm-up for Big Rot-ney!

Hope to see us blow their doors off, but will be watching for the following:

1. Our style of play - do we get out and run, how well do we move the ball, etc.

2. Our rotation - Who starts, who is first off the bench, etc.

3. How well we take care of the ball (do avoid careless turnovers?)
I want to get my first look at this team since there are so many unknowns. We shot the ball well in the first 2 scrimmages but does that carry over? Who is going to take charge? How bought in are we on defense? We will also get our first look at the transfers. It will be interesting to see how they fit in.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I'm looking forward to watching this. I think we have been picked last on every publication I have looked at. Pulling for these young men, I think they are better than last. I hope and think we will surprise people this year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'm looking forward to watching this. I think we have been picked last on every publication I have looked at. Pulling for these young men, I think they are better than last. I hope and think we will surprise people this year.
Eh I ain’t buying it. Is anybody supposed to be fearful of bc, Pitt, Louisville, etc? I think we will be in the 9-11 area.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love the idea of playing extra guys to get ready for injuries. He should be coaching football and giving the backup QB time; or quick hook for baseball pitchers.

He made a good point that our experience level is up but so is everyone else's.

Nice interview. Thanks.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Really looking forward to seeing what we look for on offense. This should be a game where we are able to get what we want so it should give good insight into what we think we'll need to be able to do to win games.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Am watching this on ESPN+. Not pretty. Fairly decent defense, but we look lost on offense. No leader. Leave Howard in the game...he only played 8 minutes with 1 foul.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Guys looked a little lost looking for a role on the court in the first half. Whatever happened in the locker room set everyone straight and we looked like a good team in the 2nd half. Also nice to see some depth

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Definitely seem like we have the chance to play lots of people this year and maybe keep players fresh.

now onto GaStU