GT vs BC

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
A win is a win. Although our offense down the stretch looked kind of like it did in the first half against Miami... 15 points through like 15 minutes. That's pretty terrible. But they won, so it's ok.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Yea I can deal with a W on the road. As ugly as that 2nd half was Golden took the team on his shoulders and finished. We have got to quit feeling complacent when we have any kind of lead. Defense needs to be the focus at all times. The offense will come if you lock down and get some stops

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
gt13 said:
A win is a win. Although our offense down the stretch looked kind of like it did in the first half against Miami... 15 points through like 15 minutes. That's pretty terrible. But they won, so it's ok.
Hahaha... Maybe thats the formula for success. Play really hard in the 1st half and get a lead hopefully. Then coast until the last few minutes of the 2nd half and take over.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Golden won this game for us. We are the exact opposite team as BC. We don't shoot 3s and dominate the inside, they can't do anything inside and shoot it from long range. Good thing their rims were kind to us. We should send our court manager and have the angles of our rims mirror theirs. How are we so bad shooting at home and then we can shoot on the road? Same thing happened at Duke... you'd think we'd do alright on our home rims!!!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
BC isn't talented and we still aren't very good. Glad to see a W, but this year is over with the injuries. I think we were probably a high seed NCAA team or low seed NIT (more probable) team without the injuries that we've had, but we'll probably finish around .500. Gregory has 1 more year to show me that he can build this program because of this years injuries, but we've got to make the big dance next year or he needs to go.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
BC isn't talented and we still aren't very good. Glad to see a W, but this year is over with the injuries. I think we were probably a high seed NCAA team or low seed NIT (more probable) team without the injuries that we've had, but we'll probably finish around .500. Gregory has 1 more year to show me that he can build this program because of this years injuries, but we've got to make the big dance next year or he needs to go.

It will be VERY hard to be better next yr with Miller,Cam and Golden gone.You could argue it would be better to havethat trio back(with new FR) than the 6-7 that are coming .
back.
The other problem is Carter and Jorg are coming off bad injuries.they may never really recover.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Just getting a chance to watch the game now. Does anyone else think that the refs were homecooking in the second half? It seems that GT is getting called for ticky tack touches while BC is smacking us around when they're on D.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Just getting a chance to watch the game now. Does anyone else think that the refs were homecooking in the second half? It seems that GT is getting called for ticky tack touches while BC is smacking us around when they're on D.

AE, I'm not going to whine about "home-cooking", but form the beginning of the season, we have had more than our share the way it's been looking either way. You would think that we would've ironed that out like our teams by now.