GT Vollebees

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty easy warmup match today. Hopefully that gets them on a good roll.
Makes you wonder if the committee even watches these teams that they are seeding. We played well today but Wright State looked more like a 10 seed than a 4. Doesn't seem like the committee gave much consideration to the level of competition they played. Anyway next game against Marquette in their home gym. Let's see if we can keep our level of play up. I think we have played excellent the last three matches. Even against Pitt that was high level volleyball throughout the match.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Makes you wonder if the committee even watches these teams that they are seeding. We played well today but Wright State looked more like a 10 seed than a 4. Doesn't seem like the committee gave much consideration to the level of competition they played. Anyway next game against Marquette in their home gym. Let's see if we can keep our level of play up. I think we have played excellent the last three matches. Even against Pitt that was high level volleyball throughout the match.
Wright St was a 12 seed. Marquette is the 4 seed who we play tonight.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Wright St was a 12 seed. Marquette is the 4 seed who we play tonight.
Oops my bad I read the bracket wrong. My apologies to the committee. But I hope we make them look bad by making Marquette look like a 10 seed ;).

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Great job by our ladies this season
MORE DETAILS

georgia-tech.svg
marquette.svg

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I fell asleep during the break between the 2nd & 3rd sets, only to waken to the post match commentary.

When was the last time the finals did not have a team from the Big Ten?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1671915684610.png

Translated from Turkish:

Deren Çukur, a double licensed athlete from Fenerbahçe Opet, one of the Sultans League teams, achieved a 100% scholarship from Georgia Institute of Technology University.

Deren Çukur's statement on his social media account is as follows:

“I am proud to announce with great excitement that I have agreed to pursue my athletic and academic career at Georgia Tech!! Many thanks to everyone who supported me throughout this process, especially my family. Thank you to all the staff, especially @gtcoachcollier, @missrel7 and @pinheiroclaudiolopes for giving me this opportunity. I can't wait to be a part of the GT volleyball team.”