GT Vollebees

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice comeback for the Jackets today! Checked the score early and we were down 2 sets to 0 at FSU, after dropping a match at Miami on Friday. Checked later, and we took FSU down 3-2. Great win. Louisville at home next. Let's go Jackets!

Oh man, what a nail biter! The team showed some serious grit today and never gave up. Really proud of everyone. If Julia could've gotten one more kill, that would've been a school record😎

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice comeback for the Jackets today! Checked the score early and we were down 2 sets to 0 at FSU, after dropping a match at Miami on Friday. Checked later, and we took FSU down 3-2. Great win. Louisville at home next. Let's go Jackets!
Really bad start, losing first set 25-14, but clutch comeback. Maybe looking ahead to Louisville and taking the U and FSU a little lightly?

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Really bad start, losing first set 25-14, but clutch comeback. Maybe looking ahead to Louisville and taking the U and FSU a little lightly?

Miami and FSU are good teams. Their records are not that bad, both at 16-9 as of today. We are 18-5 so really, only 2 more wins then them. Many of the ACC teams are just really bad and doesn't really give us much of competition.

I don't think we have a signature win this year, unlike our Pitt win in 2021, which went a long way for the selection committee. We have not beaten teams that are ranked above us and we have lost some matches we were expected to win. Maybe things may change before December but of the 4 games (Louisville, Clemson, Pitt, FSU) we have left before the tourney, only Clemson is a sure win.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
The first 2 sets - energy was electric. OMG O'Keefe was loud and on fire.
That long sweat rag intermission really cooled things off and gave a shaken Louisville team a chance to settle down and play as they're expected. Louisville is a great team. Their defense is top notch. I hadn't noticed until I noticed but that #9 Chaussee is a monster. She had more kills than Julia. And she's not even that tall. Neither is DeBeer. Imagine if DeBeer had been 100% healthy tonight.

Well friends.... I think this was THE chance to beat Louisville. I didn't think we'd win coming into the match but after the first 2 sets (and clearly having a homecourt advantage), I was fully in belief that we'd sweep them. Next year will be a true rebuild year and who knows where we'll be without Julia and the other key seniors. I'm almost afraid we'd be regressing back to pre-2019 again next year. The issues with facility... that played against us; that's our fault. I hope we can get some good upgrades during the off season so this type of thing doesn't happen again.

That whole sweat rag intermission reminded me of Holyfield-Bowe II when that "fan man" parachute guy came out of nowhere and disrupted the match. Holyfield did win that match tho. You know what's the real deal? Louisville's defense.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The first 2 sets - energy was electric. OMG O'Keefe was loud and on fire.
That long sweat rag intermission really cooled things off and gave a shaken Louisville team a chance to settle down and play as they're expected. Louisville is a great team. Their defense is top notch. I hadn't noticed until I noticed but that #9 Chaussee is a monster. She had more kills than Julia. And she's not even that tall. Neither is DeBeer. Imagine if DeBeer had been 100% healthy tonight.

Well friends.... I think this was THE chance to beat Louisville. I didn't think we'd win coming into the match but after the first 2 sets (and clearly having a homecourt advantage), I was fully in belief that we'd sweep them. Next year will be a true rebuild year and who knows where we'll be without Julia and the other key seniors. I'm almost afraid we'd be regressing back to pre-2019 again next year. The issues with facility... that played against us; that's our fault. I hope we can get some good upgrades during the off season so this type of thing doesn't happen again.

That whole sweat rag intermission reminded me of Holyfield-Bowe II when that "fan man" parachute guy came out of nowhere and disrupted the match. Holyfield did win that match tho. You know what's the real deal? Louisville's defense.

Gotta enjoy this year and let next year take care of itself. We'll have a high seed and maybe able to beat them in the NCAAs.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Well... it was 3 bad sets actually... one misfire to Morrisette and two very tight sets to Bergmann... sigh...
I saw two very talented teams battling it out to the end. Unfortunate to come out on the losing end. I have watched a lot of volleyball from teams across the country this year and have rarely seen the kind of talent and performance we saw from both these teams. There were outstanding defensive plays from both teams throughout all 5 sets. If we play like this throughout the NCAA tournament I will be very pleased and we will be very competitive no matter who lines up on the other side of the net.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Today's FSU match is a must win if we are to host the 1st/2nd rounds of NCAA tourney right? If we win, I think we'll likely remain 13 or so - based on how close the Pitt match was, we won't be punished for losing. If we lose however, then that'll def knock us out of top 16.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Today's FSU match is a must win if we are to host the 1st/2nd rounds of NCAA tourney right? If we win, I think we'll likely remain 13 or so - based on how close the Pitt match was, we won't be punished for losing. If we lose however, then that'll def knock us out of top 16.
Solid sweep today vs FSU. Was concerned about team mindset going into this one after very tough loss at Pitt Wednesday.

Latest projection I’ve seen has us as a #4 seed in the NCAA’s. A win vs Pitt probably would have moved us to a #3.