GT Vollebees

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Man, really wanted Louisville to win. I really like them, despite us losing to them 3 times this season. A team that's really hard to dislike and easy to like. They don't have the 6'8" and 6'9" super human like Wisconsin but showed everyone that they're all business. What a match that was.

Kayla also in the portal. I wonder where she'll end up.

I think our dance is really over (for now). Next year will go into rebuild mode. We had 6 incoming freshman this year.

Teams like Louisville and Pitt are finding incredible success this season with the transfer portal. I guess it's the new norm now...

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Absolutely!
I keep hearing we are going to see a few improvements by the start of next season.
Didn't a couple donate money for renovations or something? I wonder if they'll actually break walls to expand O'Keefe...? I do wish it was a tad bigger.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Didn't a couple donate money for renovations or something? I wonder if they'll actually break walls to expand O'Keefe...? I do wish it was a tad bigger.
The O'Keefe gym has to be close to 100 years old and has certainly had a bunch of renovations over the years. Knowing where it is, and what surrounds it, expanding looks like a major project.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, really wanted Louisville to win. I really like them, despite us losing to them 3 times this season. A team that's really hard to dislike and easy to like. They don't have the 6'8" and 6'9" super human like Wisconsin but showed everyone that they're all business. What a match that was.

Kayla also in the portal. I wonder where she'll end up.

I think our dance is really over (for now). Next year will go into rebuild mode. We had 6 incoming freshman this year.

Teams like Louisville and Pitt are finding incredible success this season with the transfer portal. I guess it's the new norm now...
I think it will be more of a reload year and NCAA tournament birth. We loose three important starters in Mariana, Matti, and Bree, however our other four starters return. That includes two great OH, JB is an all American, and BB has been winning awards all year as a freshman. I think between the reserves and newcomers we are more than ready. Excited for the team to play next year.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't stay up to watch the other semi-final between Pitt and Nebraska. UN sent the Panthers home 3-1. So no ACC teams playing for the national title.

Was really rooting for an ACC team to win it all. Kudos to the Volleybees for getting to the elite 8!

Yeah me too... was really hoping for both Louie and Pitt to play for the title... But instead we get the same ol' teams yet again. It's like watching Bamar and Climpsuns play for the natty yet again and everyone is so sick of it. The fun is not there. ACC or not, I just wanted to see some new faces.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Interesting note regarding Hendrickson Volleyball. They had four players on the All-District 1st team including the POY and the Blocker of the year (Wendell), three on the 2nd team and two Honorable mention.

The question is whether we are on her radar and and her on ours.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
This is from Matti's insta post: "In 2018, walking into an unranked program with a vision, my teammates & I were hungry to make history— nothing was going to stop us… With a lot of practice and perseverance we slowly worked our way to leaving this program better than we found it. From 2018, losing in the NIVC , finishing the season with a ranking of 96, then winning the NIVC in 2019, to making the NCAA tournament for the 1st time in 9 years in 2020, & finally making a run to the elite 8 in 2021 is truly a testament of teamwork, determination, and God’s faithfulness."

It made me reflect and realize just how far this program has come in the last 4 years. This is truly astounding progress. It took a bit of time to finally get here (not to forget about the very successful 2016 season too) but now that we're here, I'm so excited for the program and being a fan for what's to come.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

Yes!!! I'm so happy about this. I always assumed she would not want to leave ATL right now anyway but this is great regardless to keep her in ATL. I hope they gave her a nice raise. What the non-major sports coaches make is a drop in the bucket compared to football and basketball. We can certainly afford to reward the coaches with some monetary incentives. Women's sports at Tech are buzzing! Men's...🙊