GT Vollebees

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
How did we go up 1 when we lost? Granted, we played the #1 team but it wasn't like a 2-3 loss... we lost 0-3... I swear, I do not understand the coaches poll.

Because in volleyball losing 3-0 isn't a complete domination like you may think. They were three competitive games. We just came up on the short end of all three. 25-21, 25-21 and 27-25.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
How did we go up 1 when we lost? Granted, we played the #1 team but it wasn't like a 2-3 loss... we lost 0-3... I swear, I do not understand the coaches poll.
If you watched the match, we played really, really well. One set went beyond 25 points and the other two were just a couple of points difference. We outplayed them in some aspects, but lost mostly on several unforced service errors each set that gave U of L an advantage. Hopefully we learn and improve.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The #6 RPI should not go down, this week.

Looking ahead, if you want to:
As far as the first two rounds in the NCAA(prior to the Sweet 16), G.T. should almost automatically be in O’Keefe(32 road, 32 home teams and then 16 road, 16 home in round 2). Potentially could get a regional home match with an RPI in the top 8? Regional Finals, possibly at home, should upsets occur in previous games to become one of the 4 home teams? If not, win on the road in another single elimination contest(the entire tournament is a win or go home event)to get to Columbus.

First and Second Rounds | December 2-4, 2021
First and Second round competition will be held at non-predetermined campus sites. Teams will compete in a single-elimination first round competition. The advancing teams will then compete against each other in single-elimination second round competition. The winning team from each of the 16 second rounds advance to the regional round.

Regionals | December 9-11, 2021
Regionals for the NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship will also be held at non-predetermined campus sites. Teams will compete in single-elimination regional semifinal competition. The advancing teams then compete against each other in single-elimination regional finals.

National Championship | December 16-18, 2021
The 2021 NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship will be held at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH. The National Semifinals will be held December 16, at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN. The National Championship will take place December 18, at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
The NCAA selection show is this Sunday!!!!! Check your emails bc Georgia Tech has sent out a RSVP only event for volleyball to meet the players and also watch an open practice/watch the selection show. It should be great! I’ll see y’all there!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Back on track

1637796478142.png

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Happy about the win and it was a beatdown alright. But I think Julia had 0 kills... which was a shocker... Not sure what happened.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Her right shoulder. Needs surgery? A true warrior to play it out.
That was the speculation on the broadcast feed right? I was a bit surprised the announcers didn't know for sure (esp with Kele). Is she really injured the tho? Concerned about the NCAA tourney. Hope she's okay...

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
She was also playing backcourt and not frontcourt like she usually does. So she wasn’t getting kill chances as much.

I’m sure Collier knows what’s she’s doing and Julia will be okay.

GTMama99

Georgia Tech Fan
That was the speculation on the broadcast feed right? I was a bit surprised the announcers didn't know for sure (esp with Kele). Is she really injured the tho? Concerned about the NCAA tourney. Hope she's okay...
Her shoulder was wrapped at Pitt game too and her kills were down. Hope she’s ok!