GT Vollebees

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
BIG 3-1 win tonight! Bergmann player of the game 23 kills 13 digs 3 blocks. McKissock with 42 Assists. Brambilla with 10 kills 13 digs. Bertolini with 10 kills 9 digs 3 blocks. Fantastic game. I love this team.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Also. For those watching at home, that is 7 double doubles for Bergmann in 8 games. Also a note for those who don’t watch volleyball too much. A double double is an extremely impressive stat line. I’d equate it to being 3-4x as impressive as a basketball double double. And she’s doing is so consistently too.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, tickets are available on a per game basis! I’d highly encourage anyone in the ATL area to try to find time to support these amazing ladies and the hard work they put in daily!!!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been attending the home games for years now and what a ride it has been watching the program rise right in front of your eyes over the last 3 seasons (that NCAA snub in 2019 really hurt). Hoping for our best season yet this year! Unfortunately, I'm not in ATL this season so I've only been able to catch the games online when it's actually aired.

Questions/Comments... some of these, I've been thinking for awhile but with no one to discuss with or ask...
Kaiser and Dowd are no longer starting... what does that mean for their psych and team dynamics... since they've been an integral part of the starting members the last few seasons that contributed immensely to the rise of the program. How does it look on court?

The transfer from Nebraska, Nicole Drewnick, is also not playing. I'm just curious why the transfer if there's no playing time.

How long do you think Arielle Wilson to be at Tech?

Will Claudio be at Tech as long as Michelle is?

Glad to see Courtney Felinski back at Tech!!! I'm not quite sure what her title/role is but her vast international playing experience is sure to help! Is she getting her feet wet at a future coaching career?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been attending the home games for years now and what a ride it has been watching the program rise right in front of your eyes over the last 3 seasons (that NCAA snub in 2019 really hurt). Hoping for our best season yet this year! Unfortunately, I'm not in ATL this season so I've only been able to catch the games online when it's actually aired.

Questions/Comments... some of these, I've been thinking for awhile but with no one to discuss with or ask...
Kaiser and Dowd are no longer starting... what does that mean for their psych and team dynamics... since they've been an integral part of the starting members the last few seasons that contributed immensely to the rise of the program. How does it look on court?

The transfer from Nebraska, Nicole Drewnick, is also not playing. I'm just curious why the transfer if there's no playing time.

How long do you think Arielle Wilson to be at Tech?

Will Claudio be at Tech as long as Michelle is?

Glad to see Courtney Felinski back at Tech!!! I'm not quite sure what her title/role is but her vast international playing experience is sure to help! Is she getting her feet wet at a future coaching career?
I will happily discuss with you as this team is so much fun to watch. Kaiser is now getting a fair amount of playing time as she immediately subs in as our 2nd server then splits time at middle blocker with Morrisette and now Moss who was hurt earlier in the year but is now back healthy. Dowd has simply been beat out by Bertolino, the freshman from Argentina. I think Dowd may have had some injury issues early on, but Bertolino has played so well you can't take her out of the lineup especially since she plays the back row much better than Dowd. Personally I think this is a good thing as it shows recruits if you are good enough you will play.

Not sure if Drewnick expected playing time right away, but she would have to be a phenom to displace McKissick and Damico has shown she is a more than adequate setter. Again, the best players play.

I'm sure Arielle will get a chance to be HC soon. I'm more worried about if we can keep Michelle.

I think the answer to your Claudio question is yes. At least I hope so as I believe his South American pipeline/connections is priceless to our program.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I will happily discuss with you as this team is so much fun to watch. Kaiser is now getting a fair amount of playing time as she immediately subs in as our 2nd server then splits time at middle blocker with Morrisette and now Moss who was hurt earlier in the year but is now back healthy. Dowd has simply been beat out by Bertolino, the freshman from Argentina. I think Dowd may have had some injury issues early on, but Bertolino has played so well you can't take her out of the lineup especially since she plays the back row much better than Dowd. Personally I think this is a good thing as it shows recruits if you are good enough you will play.

Not sure if Drewnick expected playing time right away, but she would have to be a phenom to displace McKissick and Damico has shown she is a more than adequate setter. Again, the best players play.

I'm sure Arielle will get a chance to be HC soon. I'm more worried about if we can keep Michelle.

I think the answer to your Claudio question is yes. At least I hope so as I believe his South American pipeline/connections is priceless to our program.

Great to have someone to discuss our volleyball team!!! LOL.
Ok more ramblings...

Morrissette has been a nice surprise. I never thought she'd earn the starting role since in the past, I've seen players that don't start never play... but we saw flashes of her blocking greatness last year. Happy for her.

Speaking of not playing, I've noticed Michelle doesn't really put in non-starters into the game even if the competition is weak. You see football coaches putting in the 2nd and 3rd string players during garbage time but we hardly see that with our volleyball program... I'm curious as to why? At the least, I thought coaches do this to get exposure and experience for their players?

We got what 6-7 freshmen this year.... whoa... Is this a pattern to replace in bulk every few years than to continuously replace positions year after year?

What happened to Savannah Ogle? I see that she's not on the team anymore. She was from Columbus, GA where I grew up so I was really looking forward to her playing. I've noticed more than a few of these silent exits from the team over the last few years... what happens to these students? Does Michelle tell them that they don't have the it factor to be in the program? Do they lose scholarship?

This is my opinion only... I think Michelle's in ATL for the long term. Her/Husband runs a youth volleyball company outside of Tech in ATL, kids are growing up in ATL, plus a Ga Tech program on the rise and finally getting some national recognition. So I can't imagine them simply walking away from all of this... One more thing... being in ATL - location and flightwise - makes it easier to fly to Brazil for their return trips home every year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is my opinion only... I think Michelle's in ATL for the long term. Her/Husband runs a youth volleyball company outside of Tech in ATL, kids are growing up in ATL, plus a Ga Tech program on the rise and finally getting some national recognition. So I can't imagine them simply walking away from all of this... One more thing... being in ATL - location and flightwise - makes it easier to fly to Brazil for their return trips home every year.

I love the staff we have right now, but I bet Lindsey Gray-Walton would jump at the chance to return if that need arises.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Somehow we are unmoved in the rankings - stayed at #18 with a 9 - 1 record. I clearly don't understand how it works; Florida is #17 with a 6-4 record. Minnesota is #9 with a 4-3 record? Is there some bias in there somewhere?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Somehow we are unmoved in the rankings - stayed at #18 with a 9 - 1 record. I clearly don't understand how it works; Florida is #17 with a 6-4 record. Minnesota is #9 with a 4-3 record? Is there some bias in there somewhere?
Volleyball is much like football where the traditional powers don't get penalized for losses near as much as the upstart programs. I will say Florida has a very strong schedule, playing several ranked teams. But at some point you have to win and not just get credit for playing tough teams. Also, keep in mind that there will always be bias involved as long as voters are real people. Coaches polls will always be biased because they want to give extra credit to their own conferences as well as teams they have played to boost their own teams' credibility. And with sportswriters I sometimes wonder if they even take the time to see who teams have played vs. saying this team or that team are always good so I will keep them ranked. The system is rigged because the traditional powers will always start the year with lofty rankings and as long as they continue to win at a decent rate they will remain there. Whereas the upstart programs have to climb the rankings and try to leapfrog the traditional programs and better not lose along the way or they tumble in the rankings. We are a good example of that as we climbed to #15 I think and then lost to the #5 ranked team and fell 6 spots in the poll while Minnesota loses three matches and stays in the top 10.