GT Vollebees

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
I stumbled onto the selection show on ESPNU. It had brutal production quality and commentary. I had trouble sticking with it, but hung in there until I saw we made the tournament. We were listed as one of the last 4 in, although we were listed on the top in our match against Lipscomb, meaning we were a higher seed than them. Winner plays #3 overall seed Minnesota, indicating were the #30 overall seed in the 48 team field.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm so happy they made it in this year!!! After the 2019 heartbreak when we were at peak and on fire and didn't get to show the nation what we were capable of... This season's been a bit rocky... They've lost to ranked teams ahead of them, in 0-3. B/c of the nature of the loss and the 2 losses in as much as 2 weeks, I thought we might be left out again.

If we can get to the second game, omg... Minnesota... it's going to be brutal. Could we not have gotten BYU or Utah pretty please?

Either way, glad they're in! For the seniors and the starting juniors on the team, it's overdue. I wonder if the selection committee this time reflected on 2019 selection (of lack of) at all...

Also, can we combine this thread with the 2020 Volleyball thread?

I'm so happy they made it in this year!!! After the 2019 heartbreak when we were at peak and on fire and didn't get to show the nation what we were capable of... This season's been a bit rocky... They've lost to ranked teams ahead of them, in 0-3. B/c of the nature of the loss and the 2 losses in as much as 2 weeks, I thought we might be left out again.

If we can get to the second game, omg... Minnesota... it's going to be brutal. Could we not have gotten BYU or Utah pretty please?

Either way, glad they're in! For the seniors and the starting juniors on the team, it's overdue. I wonder if the selection committee this time reflected on 2019 selection (of lack of) at all...

Also, can we combine this thread with the 2020 Volleyball thread?
Why did we not get in in 2019, when we were 2nd in the ACC?

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Why did we not get in in 2019, when we were 2nd in the ACC?
Same reason the men's basketball team got a lower seed this year than they deserved. They struggled early, but got red hot to end the year and did not get credit for it. All was not lost, as they took that momentum to win the WNIT and got extensive post season experience.