GT Vollebees

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I missed all the games except the last one vs Auburn. The matches were playing just 3 sets (2 full sets + 3rd set to 15 points). Tech took the first 2 sets and the last set (set 3), it seemed like a breeze until Auburn came storming back late in the set to win it (actually they may have won set 2 but my memory is foggy). Ashlyn Goolsby was playing so that was good to see (it may be the first time I've ever seen her play in a match). Sanden was also wearing a libero outfit; something I'm not used to seeing. Engeman was also there (can't remember if she played tho). I didn't know until recently that she's gonna grad transfer to Minnesota (wow!). Hope she gets some playing time there, esp with Minn being one of the perennial top teams. It's really too bad that her injury set her back. Mogridge was not suited up; I did see her practicing by herself before the Auburn match. Bertolino was doing her signature jump serves but like last season, was a bit shaky and they were 50/50. Harper and Otene were hitting bombs and our newest middle blocker, Wiley, also got some playing time tho not much (but then she may have played more in the earlier 2 matches). I was surprised we won vs Tennessee considering how well they played last season in the tourney but then I was told they may be missing some key players from last season. The matches for other teams were split between O'Keefe and Zelnak center... first time seeing inside Zelnak. It's pretty nice and really convenient with it being next to O'Keefe.

Cls66

Georgia Tech Fan
Why is it that there is no mention anywhere of the visit to Georgia. Even if we lost, a score at least should be posted.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice news today that we signed the top Juco libero in the country. Her name is Sofia Velez and she is from Colombia. She led all of the Juco ranks last year in digs. A big get after losing Pimentel to graduation.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Why is it that there is no mention anywhere of the visit to Georgia. Even if we lost, a score at least should be posted.
UGA volleyball Twitter says they won 3 - 2.
Tech volleyball at RamblinWreck.com says it was a 2 -2 tie.