GT v Duke tonight

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Game tonight at 7 (I think. Too lazy to look it up again) on ESPNU (again, I think. Too lazy).

Duke coming off a loss and dropping out of the top 10 for the first time since 2007. GT limping in without arguably our best player. I'm just looking to win a half again. Just play well enough to win a half and I'll be ok with it.

Do I sound as defeated as I feel typing this? Seems my preseason and early season optimism has all but eroded. :(

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'm right there with you honestly. I've gotta think we lose this one by at least 30. ACC home opener at Cameron Indoor? The only silver lining is we usually beat someone we shouldn't beat. Not saying it'll be this game but I'll suffer with my Jackets if I need to.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Be interested in seeing if Stephens can continue his good play off the bench. He is playing out of position but is contributing.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was really excited about this group of guys but now I don't even care. Football season can't get here fast enough!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
3 doses of home cookin early via lucky 3, a phantom over-and-back call and a borderline charge to set the tone. We're actually looking ok early.

curious to see how we respond to their run.

12-6 duke

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Best half all year. MGH played like a man. Good team D throughout. Bolden was better than ok too.

negatives are foul trouble is coming. 14-16 from the line is Duke.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We are moving the ball well and attacking their weakness/our strength. Daniel Miller needs to have a huge 2nd half and we can probably pull this out. Keep handling the ball well and don't take a lot of dumb shots and it'll give you a chance. Duke doesn't look like Duke this season... Parker is awesome but the rest r just above average if not average. Go Jackets

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
The problem is we're playing as well as we possibly can and they aren't playing near as well as they can. They're going to have to start charging Miller room and board for the way he's owning the paint. I'm glad they are coming together, Duke is playing NBA-esque defense and it helps when we can hit a GD 3 pointer to keep ourselves in the game. At 12-6 I said the game is over, glad I was wrong.

Also the spinning guy takes 5 steps on his "great move." I understand letting 4 go when the guy is smooth but he starts 4 feet outside the key and does a 360 degree spin on his way to the hoop when he's allowed 3 steps. There is simply no way the refs don't see he's walking. I know tobacco road refs but come on...