GT v BC Ireland Game - IT'S ON!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone researched the travel packages GT is offering? Wondering for price if accommodations and tours are a good deal or not.
I've been running some numbers and no way the GTAA price will compare planning everything in your own terms.
I found a hotel for around 100 a night and 6 mins via train to the stadium as well as a stroll downtown.
I'm waiting on airfare to become available.
Very much looking forward to taking my kiddo this "field trip".

Animal02

Banned
I've been running some numbers and no way the GTAA price will compare planning everything in your own terms.
I found a hotel for around 100 a night and 6 mins via train to the stadium as well as a stroll downtown.
I'm waiting on airfare to become available.
Very much looking forward to taking my kiddo this "field trip".

My wife (a Mich State grad) constantly gets mailing for alumni package tours that are ridiculously overpriced.......like 5k a person for 5 nights in Paris. :eek:

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I took my wife and girls to Dublin with a side trip to Galway. From Dublin you can take a train to anywhere in Ireland and it won't take more than 3 hours. At first I wasn't too keen on going, boy was I wrong. It was the best vacation we've ever had (and we've had some good ones). If you can go, you'll be very glad you did. Friendly people who speak english and everybody is a stand up comedian. We are planning going to the game, then we're going to take ferry to Wales, London and a train to Edinburgh. :)

Kmur5

Georgia Tech Fan
I just got back from a 10 day vacation in Dublin yesterday. I wore GT gear every other day and many locals recognized the logo. I recommend a hotel or b&b in Temple Bar district if you aim to walk most attractions and generally booze it up in Dublin. Otherwise closer to the stadium there is also a booming tech district with new offices (ie - Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and mix use retail developments in the Docklands/Hanover Quay area if you prefer something a little more quiet and family oriented. The Marker Hotel is in this new tech area and very close to the stadium. No matter where you book Dublin is small and I never paid more than €12 for a taxi. As for the game I am foaming at the mouth to go back in 14 months.