GT - UVA prediction thread

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
49-10... I'm back on the sauce.

5J0VIbT.png

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
After last week, it's hard not to call this game to be a blow out. Honestly, I think GT will come back down to Earth a bit, but they'll still win. I'll say 35-21. JT plays a couple of drives before the fourth quarter and scores at least one TD on the ground. JHD will have a big day coming back into the starting role at the Mike.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I think Tenuta will try to pull a VPI scheme and be in our backfield every play, the problem is they don't have VPI talent. We'll torch them with the rocket toss, play action passing, and for the love of God can we throw some bubble screens?!?! Vad will have nearly 200 yards passing

35-14 GT

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
28-20 GT.

Winning this game by 15+ would be more impressive to me than beating Syracuse by 56... 'Cuse's schemes were awful on defense, UVA's coaches have seen our offense before, GT is on the road, and UVA (despite looking bad so far this year) has a few more worrisome athletes than Syracuse on both sides of the ball.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
21-18 GT. I am still concerned about the offensive line and worry about playing at UVA. My shot of Kool-Aid hasn't kicked in.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
I get nervous about UVA on the road. We've also played several tough games without any off week to recover. I think we have a bit of a letdown performance and win a close one 24 to 17.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Even with the bad week of practices I still believe we win this one pretty handily. GT rolls again in another shutout 42-0

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
One thing that worries me is they did beat BYU. Idk if it was the same BYU team we played because I didn't watch the game. Lost to Duke last week so still feel good about Saturday. And we beat them down last year so confidence level should be low for them and high for us.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
GT 28 UVA 24

UVA has been a house of horrors for the Jackets and their back is up against the wall. They are a young team and there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the future of their head coach, that probably will have an effect both positive and negatively on their play. Game will be close.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling that the game will largely turn on the consistency of our D. Mid-top tier d1 teams don't get shutout every week like we did to syr. FSU shutout md, but the noles have one of the best Ds in the country. Ifwe play with the same focus and intensity this week, we should be good