GT @ UL Mon 2/1 ACCN

alagold

Helluva Engineer
You could see this coming a MILE away.The effort put out SAT vs fsu was WAY off the charts.We don't have the bench to come back well so soon. Actually this loss was possibly seen in the recruitment in 3 yrs ago..

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Thankfully, I recorded this to watch after I got home from work. The blessing is I was able to fast forward to the commercials and halftime so that means I was able to compress the misery into just a little over an hour. 😔

Went something like 15 game minutes with only three made baskets. That a pretty much gets you rear ends beat every game.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Moses would benefit greatly if he came back for another yr. He just needs one more yr of development. I can see usher come back because he has only played 3 semesters at GT. I wonder what Jose would do? Anyone have any thoughts on what might happen?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Moses would benefit greatly if he came back for another yr. He just needs one more yr of development. I can see usher come back because he has only played 3 semesters at GT. I wonder what Jose would do? Anyone have any thoughts on what might happen?
He gone imho.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
You could see this coming a MILE away.The effort put out SAT vs fsu was WAY off the charts.We don't have the bench to come back well so soon. Actually this loss was possibly seen in the recruitment in 3 yrs ago..
You are right that the effort against FSU was at a max and we all knew it would be hard to turn around quick and play with the same intensity. Also, by the way, a good part of that depth is injured for the year, and that has nothing to do with recruiting. Maxwell and Meka would have contributed this year.

Deleted member 2897

Less than that when you factor in travel. Did we even get a decent shoot around? The shooting percentage was awful.

Well it was about 36 hours. If they get 8 hours of sleep, that’s 16 hours gone. Several more hours for traveling there. A few hours to eat. Probably had about 8 total hours of time to study, practice, etc.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
You are right that the effort against FSU was at a max and we all knew it would be hard to turn around quick and play with the same intensity. Also, by the way, a good part of that depth is injured for the year, and that has nothing to do with recruiting. Maxwell and Meka would have contributed this year.
I may have missed this somewhere else in the board, but is Maxwell done for the year? Is he redshirting? I know he was hurt preseason and played a few minutes in one game, but I haven’t seen him since.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I may have missed this somewhere else in the board, but is Maxwell done for the year? Is he redshirting? I know he was hurt preseason and played a few minutes in one game, but I haven’t seen him since.
I asked the same question yesterday in the GT Hoops General Topics thread and got these answers:
My guess is with the type of injury he had we probably think that bringing him back too early and risking a set back isn't worth the type of minutes he'd be getting. I believe he was seen in a boot sometime after the game he was brought in to. My guess is at that point they just decided to go full rehab and prep for next year for him.

He played in one game but was back in a boot afterwards. I think it is the right call to essentially shut him down for this year to fully heal and come back next year. Foot injuries can be tricky.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
He gone imho.
Gone where? You think he's going pro or just ready to move on? I could see the latter...the former might be a stretch, but if he thinks he can do it then good luck to him!

I assume you're talking about Jose, but I think I could say the same thing for all of those guys right now. I think Moses has the most pro potential in the group...though I'm admittedly not an NBA scout

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Gone where? You think he's going pro or just ready to move on? I could see the latter...the former might be a stretch, but if he thinks he can do it then good luck to him!

I assume you're talking about Jose, but I think I could say the same thing for all of those guys right now. I think Moses has the most pro potential in the group...though I'm admittedly not an NBA scout
Yes, I was responding to a question about whether Jose would come back next year. Jose is a Dad with a new baby. I think as soon as he secures his degree he will be gone to earn some bread to support his family. He may not be NBA material, but many guys make solid money in foreign leagues these days. I have zero inside knowledge, just a guess that he feels ready to move on with his life and career.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
My guess is Jose will hire an agent that specializes in European leagues. He should be able to get a 2 year deal on a second tier European club team. The salary will not be very good, but it will be all expenses paid. He can take his family on a multi-year European vacation and get the experience of a lifetime. If he does well, he can move up in leagues and get a better deal. Otherwise, he returns to the US and gets a "real" job like the rest of us. I wish I didn't have to have a "real" job.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

I repeat-- the problem came from 2-3 yrs ago.If you think those 2 true FR were going to be our good depth --hmm.Well,good for you. But-Let's see how they play NEXT yr to be sure they are that capable.