GT @ UL Mon 2/1 ACCN

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We’re gonna face this type of scenario (almost) in the Acc Tournament and NCAAT. Especially is we get a 5 or lower in the ACCT and a 7 or lower in the NCAAT.

Milwaukee

Banned
We’re gonna face this type of scenario (almost) in the Acc Tournament and NCAAT. Especially is we get a 5 or lower in the ACCT and a 7 or lower in the NCAAT.
That’s normal though. Our 2004 run had a few weekday afternoon games, that’s standard during tourney and conf tourneys. I wasn’t aware the Lville ladies needed the arena tomorrow evening, but it makes sense now.
I’m one of the fortunate ones that can watch the game while I work but just sucks for those who can’t.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
That’s normal though. Our 2004 run had a few weekday afternoon games, that’s standard during tourney and conf tourneys. I wasn’t aware the Lville ladies needed the arena tomorrow evening, but it makes sense now.
I’m one of the fortunate ones that can watch the game while I work but just sucks for those who can’t.
I’ll be waking up an hour early to catch it. Debating if I’m going to head out for the first day of bar season to watch it.
Governor here in MI is finally allowing bars and indoor dining to resume after 4 months of being closed....

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Quick turnaround sucks for our players, but as a fan, I'm just grateful for the opportunity to watch this team. It's been such a long time that I felt confident GT could beat any team in front of us. That's definitely how I feel with this team. Basketball hasn't been too fun the past decade, but it's joyously fun right now.

Enjoy every game GT fans. This has been a long time coming.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why are we playing at 1pm on a Monday

the number one and number two women's basketball teams are already scheduled to play at the yum center at 7:00. so if we're going to make the game up it had to be at an unusual time like this

nevermind other posts didn't show up at first

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gonna need a big day from Sturdivant, Howard, and Saba tomorrow for this win. We should be able to tell early on if the defensive energy is there on < 48 hours rest. It'll be tough but I won't be too upset with the outcome either way after the gritty performance yesterday. I wanted 2-3 during this Clem/UVa/Duke/FSU/UL stretch. 3-2 would just be icing on an already beautiful cake.
Considering Saba doesn’t play, Howard has 5-10 mins in the last 5 games, and that Kyle is the only one in the rotation, you might want to rethink that analysis.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
yes, I'd like to place another order please. This time I would to have a helping of "Fresh legs=hot shooting" Bubba to add to my normal order of "Hair on Fire" Alvarado, "Dunk and Scream" Moses and "Good Devoe." Also, if its not too much to ask, I'd like to request a side of "Moore and Usher hitting 3s" and a few minutes of "Efficient Howard" each half. Thank you, I will drive around.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
yes, I'd like to place another order please. This time I would to have a helping of "Fresh legs=hot shooting" Bubba to add to my normal order of "Hair on Fire" Alvarado, "Dunk and Scream" Moses and "Good Devoe." Also, if its not too much to ask, I'd like to request a side of "Moore and Usher hitting 3s" and a few minutes of "Efficient Howard" each half. Thank you, I will drive around.
Can I return my side of Wright trying 3s?

Deleted member 2897

But at least the other team will be playing on similar rest. In similar circumstances, I say bring on any team in the country. But playing a team who had almost 5 days rest compared to your less than 2 days, that's a big handicap.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
But at least the other team will be playing on similar rest. In similar circumstances, I say bring on any team in the country. But playing a team who had almost 5 days rest compared to your less than 2 days, that's a big handicap.
Have to rely on young bodies and urgency. Good news is the guys know what time it is. We need wins, and we have got Jose playing with the weight of the team in his heart, but the joy of the game lifting him up. He just has to will us through one more time.

let’s go!

Deleted member 2897

KenPom: Louisville 41, GT 50
NET: Louisville 45, GT 55

Without Mercer and Georgia State, we're rated higher. (I know we can't wipe those games, but for the purposes of how we've changed practices/prep since then, etc.)

Louisville has lost to 2-9 Miami and they lost to Clemson in the middle of their swoon. They lost to Wisconsin by 37.

They beat Kentucky by 3, Virginia Tech by 2.

If we had similar rest going in, I'd say we'd be picked to win by 3-5 points. The good news is our guys are used to playing big minutes.

Lets shock everyone and beat these bastards.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So, just like last year when they played at the thriller dome... We have to play lock down defense.
Louisville is good, but they are the worst of the last 4 games we will play. I am SHOCKED by the spread, It seems like a trap line. I can see Louisville winning by 12 purely based on turnaround on this game. If this game was properly scheduled I think we win by 5-10. This is a TOUGH schedule to go from FSU to Louisville in short notice and try and be competitive. I definitely think we see some sloppy ball by us as we may go into "pickup game" mode.

All I ask for is to not jack up goofy rushed 3s, and if we get down quick... stay true to hard nosed defense and trying to get quality shots in the paint.

One key is to get them in foul trouble. That is one of the tricks we can try and push to even the game out a little.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
SOLID quote from the UL 247 forum.

"Perhaps the Wizzanator? Seriously, this will be one of the better teams we've beat this year if we can beat GT.".

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Another quote from the UL forums.

"Trap game?? Yeah it's a trap game for Ga Tech! They are a better team than UL and will be favored in the game tomorrow. They just beat FSU rather easily yesterday...a team UL is not even in the same league as physically or talent-wise. So yeah there is your trap, maybe UL can catch Ga Tech coming off a big win letdown and pull the upset down in Atlanta. I wonder if the writer of the article even watches college basketball. I'm a lifelong UL fan(been a fan for 40 yrs) and I see nothing in this team that would make me expect a win tomorrow. I would need UL +4 or +5 before I would even think of laying money on them vs Ga Tech. Our only chance is if Ga Tech is tired and has a let down after a very physical win vs FSU just yesterday. It is a trap game for Ga Tech lol."