GT @ UGA

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Announcer calling us techsters is f'n pissing me off. The foul situation is ridiculous but I think this is going to be a fun year of hoops!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Notice who was on the floor at the end of the game? The kid, Jorgenson. He can shoot free throws & his ball handling and judgement are exceptional.
Big win for Gregory. Three in a row over UGA for the first time since - When? 19th century?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We have 10 guys who can play, that's not including Bolden and Morris. CBG deserves a lot of credit for building this team up. Golden is like a professor on the court, leading by example and teaching at the same time. Love this team

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Miller with 14 pts and 13 rbs - on the floor 34 minutes.
Holsey with 10 pts and 12 rbs
And Stephens with 7 pts and 4 rbs in 8 minutes. Wow!
And Golden with the 18 pts and he ran the show. He put in 36 minutes.

Next Dayton here next Wed. - CBG's old team.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UGA played hard. They really wanted this game and needed it. But GT has wayy too much talent and is tougher than UGA. If GT was healthy and played this game with the desperation that UGA did then this game could have been won by 30.

I dont think Fox will win 12 games this year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We shot less than 40% from the field, less than 30% from 3pt. We have a way to go before we're ready for the acc. Let's get there. Go jackets.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought we looked ok. Just ok, and pretty much took control for the eady win. I think Ug played as good as they probably could have so it wasca decent challenge for us.

Too bad Carter was in so much foul trouble.

Miller showing once again what a genius Fox is for passing on him. MGH has to finish better. Jorg leeps looking better. Soloman seems to be getting more comfortable which is a good sign. Stephens might be more of a factor than I thought. Man it's good to have depth.

Hope to see more progression vs Dayton.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Think Bolden might be our most important player considering we dont have anyone who can consistantly knock down jumpers. Glad to have him back.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Think Bolden might be our most important player considering we dont have anyone who can consistantly knock down jumpers. Glad to have him back.

It'll certainly be good to see him in the rotation. Morris too if he can get healthy.

Here's a quote I really liked from CBG in the ajc:
“I hope that over the last couple years these guys have started to understand when you put on that uniform one time of year it means even a little bit more,” said Gregory, now 3-0 against Georgia in his tenure at Tech.. “And tonight is that night and they showed it.”

I get the whole "every game is important" mentality but, on the college level especially, your rivals should get the 'ol juices flowin' a bit more.

gtdrew

Banned
This team is fun to watch, what with their coherent offensive sets and effort on both ends of the floor. It would have been very easy for Brian Gregory to just try to go get a couple "one and dones" to try to get back in the tournament. Instead he's gone and built one of the deepest teams in the conference. This team looks like a lot of Michigan State's teams; no superstars, but 9-10 really good players who can give him minutes and points. Shooting worries me, but they're athletic and seem fairly motivated on the glass. Jorgensen is quickly becoming one of my favorite players ever...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wednesday they play Dayton, Gregory's old team.. The Jackets need to bring their A game.

I agree it'll be their biggest test to date, but I wouldn't be too scared of the mighty Flyers. They needed OT (IIRC) to beat a below average IPFW squad (who went on to lose to something called Texas A&M C.C. - which I originally thought was a community college ;)). Dayton's other wins were against two versions of St. Francis (NY & PA). IOW they haven't been tested either this year. Plus they'll be on the road for the first time.

They should be solid but we're more talented top to bottom. Hopefully we can make that mean something.

Check out connel62's preview here:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=12342356

His analysis goes places I never dreamed of going. o_O

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Thanks kg. Nice analysis.

I had forgotten that Bolden was due back off suspension. Hope his shot is falling. He will put it up!