GT @ UGA 7PM

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup, and it was probably an error on the last play that lost the game. And that was after throwing over the second baseman's head to advance the runner to third. Our guys couldn't get it done.

I'm afraid that we are going to have very little hitting/power this year. We have 5 HRs in 12 games mostly against very weak teams. And only 6 triples. It's a power failure that you can't expect pitchers to help with.

Also the number of errors has been real high but should get better. Our pitching should be real good (2.5-3 ERA), but we are going to face much better hitting teams and will need the runs.

Going back to my prediction, I think we make the ACC tourney and the NCAA but don't go far. Time to bring on Wake and get the ACC started.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably the best outcome for me personally. My heart might not have survived if we had won both this game and the Syracuse BB game on the same day. :dead:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Going back to my prediction, I think we make the ACC tourney and the NCAA but don't go far. Time to bring on Wake and get the ACC started.

I think this team has the potential to be better than that. They are young, and have some real talent. Barzilli at SS is excellent with a rocket arm. He may make a few errors but he will also save us tons of runs with great plays. Peurifoy in RF was superb with a laser back in to 1st base to double off a UGag runner earlier in the game.

We are actually built (for the first time) for post-season success. It is pitching and defense that win in the post-season. Granted, hitting would help, but I actually think pour post-season chances will be better this year than in year's past, when we did not have the pitching depth this team has, and the defensive ability that prior teams have.

On a side note, we have lost our last two games on defensive miscues (Kennesaw State and Georgie), one in the 9th, the other in extra innings. We aren't getting beat like a drum by anyone (yet).

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Awful call but that's what happens when you leave the game in the umps hands.

This!
The series ain't over. We can still win it, not going to be easy with our schedule line-up.

We play them next at our house with a 3 game weekend home series against F$U, and then @ The Ted with a 3 game weekend series in Whoville (UVa.) before that. This should be a very good test for this young team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this team has the potential to be better than that. They are young, and have some real talent. Barzilli at SS is excellent with a rocket arm. He may make a few errors but he will also save us tons of runs with great plays. Peurifoy in RF was superb with a laser back in to 1st base to double off a UGag runner earlier in the game.

We are actually built (for the first time) for post-season success. It is pitching and defense that win in the post-season. Granted, hitting would help, but I actually think pour post-season chances will be better this year than in year's past, when we did not have the pitching depth this team has, and the defensive ability that prior teams have.

On a side note, we have lost our last two games on defensive miscues (Kennesaw State and Georgie), one in the 9th, the other in extra innings. We aren't getting beat like a drum by anyone (yet).

I hope you're right. I think the pitching will be there.

It's the defense that is no where near what it needs to be. We have 21 errors in 12 games which is awful. Last year in 64 games we had 67 errors. Yes we have young players, but they were supposed to know how to play when we offered them.

Midlands Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
AKA a lack of fundamentals. No accountability for making mistakes. I love Mott to death, but he's made more errors his first two years at Tech than he did his entire HS career. Why is that you ask. Calhoun's coach would punish them when errors were made to such a degree that the players played with a high level of concentration to avoid making errors. Danny Hall doesn't do that and it shows. You can't just roll the ball out there and expect good fielding. It takes practice and more practice. This is not of importance to the current coach. I've watched enough practices to know.