GT - Tulane series cancelled

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty crazy, all because stadium issues at Tulane. Why don't they just come here this fall and we go there next year? It doesn't make sense to me.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
GT posted there could be a replacement as early as next week.

My guess is we will have to go FCS.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
That sucks I was gonna go to that game, I have family in NOLA. So now we sit through 3 straight crap games. I mean I like GSU, but it's not real competition, especially with a new coach. Maybe another decent team will have their opponent opt out and we can pair up with them.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
One does not simply sit back and allow mid-major teams to jerk you around like this. A prudent athletic department stays on top of risks, such as the possibility that a football stadium will not be finished in time for you to play there. This is a blunder of EPIC PROPORTIONS by Georgia Tech. You should never, ever be caught unaware like this when it is completely possible to stay on top of progress and verify things for yourself. If Tulane is saying up to the last minute that yes, yes, everything will be ready on time, but your internal sources are telling you that it isn't looking good, YOU TAKE MEASURES NOW. You don't wait until you get "official" word and then act all shocked and surprised. I'm telling you guys, there is something deeply incompetent going on at Georgia Tech right now.

GTsapper

Georgia Tech Fan
One does not simply sit back and allow mid-major teams to jerk you around like this. A prudent athletic department stays on top of risks, such as the possibility that a football stadium will not be finished in time for you to play there. This is a blunder of EPIC PROPORTIONS by Georgia Tech. You should never, ever be caught unaware like this when it is completely possible to stay on top of progress and verify things for yourself. If Tulane is saying up to the last minute that yes, yes, everything will be ready on time, but your internal sources are telling you that it isn't looking good, YOU TAKE MEASURES NOW. You don't wait until you get "official" word and then act all shocked and surprised. I'm telling you guys, there is something deeply incompetent going on at Georgia Tech right now.
Obligatory "Blame Tech First" post.