GT - Tulane post game thread

Animal02

Banned
Comprehensive Post-Game Analysis:
Our Bowl Game consecutive streak is in serious jeopardy right now.
Hardly.......be will be 3-0 next week.....Not looking at the " big 4", to keep the streak alive would require three more wins out of NCST, UVA, Duke, Pitt, and UNC
We are NOT so bad of a team that we will only win 2 of those 5.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Hardly.......be will be 3-0 next week.....Not looking at the " big 4", to keep the streak alive would require three more wins out of NCST, UVA, Duke, Pitt, and UNC
We are NOT so bad of a team that we will only win 2 of those 5.

If we play next weekend against Georgia Southern the way we played against Tulane, we get beat.

Simply stated, Tulane beat themselves with 3 picks, a blocked punt, a missed FG and a failed 4th down at their own 44. Wofford did not beat themselves and it was a 5 point game in the 4th quarter. Georgia Southern is better than Wofford. We had best not have 3 TO's against the Eagles, or we will be in big trouble.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Was Rook-Chungong in the game? I saw Stargell a lot, but I don't think I ever heard Rook-Chungong's name called. 'course those sorry announcers might have called him somebody else anyway.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@MWBATL Saying Tulane beat themselves pretty much stipulates you think they should have won. That's a bit of a stretch IMO. In my mind teams "beat themselves" when they make unforced errors (including turnovers). I'm not sure you can say Tulane's turnovers were unforced...our D made some plays to help them happen. The punt block we had was a good play by us more than a bad play by Tulane. It's not like the snap was bad or mishandled...our guys just made a play.
I missed our first turnover. From what BG said on the radio it sounded like an unforced butter fingers type of fumble...thought he dropped the ball while rolling out of the pocket. Heard later it came as he was being sacked so if that was the case I wouldn't label it an unforced error, more of a good play by Tulane D. The 2nd fumble was completely unforced though. Never shoulda happened and both players to blame on that one. The third t/o pick...awful decision by JT to throw that. Some have made excuses about the horn....well you play to the whistle not the horn.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Why people don't turn down the volume and listen to the radio call on any football game is beyond me!

I have the new Android app and tried listening to the game and watching, but the radio delay was always a play behind. Maybe you guys who live in Atlanta can do that, but the delay kills the experience.

Having said that, I turned off the TV for a while and listened. Roddy is damn good!

We had the app running and connected to speakers, then paused the TV to sync the two broadcasts. Worked like a charm, and so much better than listening to those idiot TV guys (who kept saying on third and long that Tech didn't know what to do in that situation - what?!?).

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
It looked to me like we had a definitely talent advantage over Tulane .... yet;
Tulane had two 70+ yard drives.
We were totally one dimensional, passing game = fail. I know we didn't need to pass, but when we did we looked inept.
Dominique Noble on the long TD pass = flat footed and out of position.
To me JT did not look comfortable all day, maybe a result of their gap blitz. Need to get much better anticipating this type of defensive ploy, especially against VT and Bud Foster

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
If we play next weekend against Georgia Southern the way we played against Tulane, we get beat.

Simply stated, Tulane beat themselves with 3 picks, a blocked punt, a missed FG and a failed 4th down at their own 44. Wofford did not beat themselves and it was a 5 point game in the 4th quarter. Georgia Southern is better than Wofford. We had best not have 3 TO's against the Eagles, or we will be in big trouble.

Sunday morning film session for @GTPaulJohnson and staff as prep for Georgia Southern well underway #TogetherWeSwarm pic.twitter.com/OFNUT1czKR

waveprof

Georgia Tech Fan
It looked to me like we had a definitely talent advantage over Tulane .... yet;
Can one be at a massive talent disadvantage and never be held to a 3 and out? Only have to punt twice? Hold the other team to only 7 first half points not directly from turnovers?

We deserved to lose. Our run defense looked more spongy (like the Tulane of old rather than last year). Our Freshman QB made freshmen mistakes (3 pics). Our coach continues to be a weak game day coach. And our kicking game is as bad as its ever been. You earned the win fair and square. And I think you are actually a pretty talented team (I'd pick you to win 8 games this year). But I wouldn't say yesterday that you clearly had an "advantage" yesterday. I saw a Tulane team that could have taken a big halftime lead over you if we didn't keep tripping over ourselves.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Can one be at a massive talent disadvantage and never be held to a 3 and out? Only have to punt twice? Hold the other team to only 7 first half points not directly from turnovers?

I'll stick to my opinion of the talent advantage ... and what you've said here is exactly the point I was trying to make, how does this happen ????

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Guys, some perspective: we just beat a bowl team in their own house by 17.

Did Georgia southern go bowling last year? Is nc state any good this year based on their game last night? Breathe people.

I did not think Georgia Southern was Division I-A (FBS) last year....weren't they still FCS? Just saying'

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow

Wofford beat Southern last year

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I was more worried about Tulane on the road. Classic trap game. I think we can pull away from Southern early second half.