GT - Tulane post game thread

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how the game would have turned out had we not had any points off turnovers.
It would have been the same minus the pick-6. We would have forced punts and then drove and scored. We gained 20 yards on the 3rd down pick (2nd pick) and probably ended up about where we would have after the punt on the 3rd pick. The blocked punt may or may not have been a scoring drive, but in the end we may have punched in a final score.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I absolutely hated the color commentary. To me, the guy sounded like he copied someone else's notes from last year instead of doing his real homework. Based on his comments, I doubt he watched Tech's game last week.

Seriously, he probably has known for months that he was doing this game. You'd think he'd do some research on the team. If he'd spent a day reading through old GTSwarm threads he would have sounded so much smarter than he did. It's amazing how much of a gold mine this site would be to a non-connected color guy. There are tons of nuggets on this site.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Look at the bright side guys. We played poorly and still had a walk-away win against a bowl team at at their place.
I bet they don't go bowling this year! Tech is lucky it had 2 weak opponents to start the season. Georgia Southern is gonna give us all they got!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I absolutely hated the color commentary. To me, the guy sounded like he copied someone else's notes from last year instead of doing his real homework. Based on his comments, I doubt he watched Tech's game last week.

Seriously, he probably has known for months that he was doing this game. You'd think he'd do some research on the team. If he'd spent a day reading through old GTSwarm threads he would have sounded so much smarter than he did. It's amazing how much of a gold mine this site would be to a non-connected color guy. There are tons of nuggets on this site.
Said during the game the guy was an idiot. There's a reason hes on the ESPN news broadcast I guess.

For people asking what happened to the passing game, we didn't need it so we didn't use it. Was anyone concerned about the quality of JTs pitches? Seemed like the backs were having trouble with them

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Said during the game the guy was an idiot. There's a reason hes on the ESPN news broadcast I guess.

For people asking what happened to the passing game, we didn't need it so we didn't use it. Was anyone concerned about the quality of JTs pitches? Seemed like the backs were having trouble with them

Part of it was Tulane shooting the gaps causing us to quick pitch... This is something VT will do all game long

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Part of it was Tulane shooting the gaps causing us to quick pitch... This is something VT will do all game long
VT always has a stout D IMO. We will need a very creative gameplan to get past them. GSU beating Savannah St. Doesnt surprise me a bit. Everybody uses them as a chew toy. They are on that 80 point list twice. Im hoping GSU come in thinking they are superman and get popped in the mouth.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Won't know anything official on injuries till Monday.

Burden is fine.

White is cramps from what was said on the radio.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

He did provide one of my favorite insights I've ever heard in all my years of watching football. He's clearly spent a lot of time scouting TOOlane. "They're sending in both Freshman TEs for this play. From this formation, they usually run the ball or throw it." It was like he knew they weren't going to punt it on second down or kick a 60+ yard FG.

Proud of the boys for fighting through the slow start today and getting the big win. Now on to GaSo.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Savannah St.

I'm illiterate.

Interested in seeing what their new Head Coach has done with that offense. Gave NC State a scare last week, and put up 80+ on a crappy team this week. FWIW, NC State beat Old Dominion 46-34 this week and trailed 21-18 at the half.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Won't know anything official on injuries till Monday.

Burden is fine.

White is cramps from what was said on the radio.
White's walkoff looked like cramps on TV but concerned that he never returned to the game and I believe he was out for the whole second half.