GT - Tulane post game thread

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is a good game to win. We faced adversity and maintained composure. We will not be able to play like that and have the record we want to have. It is a good thing it was against an inferior team. As always film will show a lot. Tulane aligned themselves much deeper most of the the time on defense than I am used to. It appeared they wanted to force us to execute the run game well and take away the big play. Don't think it worked out too well for them. Hey, any game you give a team a 6 yard field and a 10 yard field with turnovers and still give only give up a total of 21 and win, it is a good thing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It is a good game to win. We faced adversity and maintained composure. We will not be able to play like that and have the record we want to have. It is a good thing it was against an inferior team. As always film will show a lot. Tulane aligned themselves much deeper most of the the time on defense than I am used to. It appeared they wanted to force us to execute the run game well and take away the big play. Don't think it worked out too well for them. Hey, any game you give a team a 6 yard field and a 10 yard field with turnovers and still give only give up a total of 21 and win, it is a good thing.
It's your fault JT struggled you know with all that sunshine you blew up his backside.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I thought the O looked hot and cold. Pass blocking on 3rd and long looked really bad. I thought JT did ok, he missed some big plays in the passing game. I think that will come in time. I will take a win on the road any way we can get it though.

thwgjacket

Post thoughts here

A few quick things

Defense played great second half.

Forced turnovers.

Offense was sloppy early on but recovered well.

Killed them on the edge today.

Happy to get the win as always.
Any thoughts on why JT didn't play in the 4th? Was it just coincidence with a goal one situation and then mop up time?

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Ball security was not an issue last week. This week was different as we turned the ball over at the worst times. Like Boomer said, we're lucky to give up only 21 with the short fields we gave Tulane. Kudos to Roof's 2nd half adjustments.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Boy did we shoot ourselves in the foot alot today. That was a brutal game to watch. Very sloppy play by JT. What happened to those nice passes I saw last week? I sure am glad their QB decided to gift wrap us a few today. 2nd half D Looked better, but the backup QB couldnt exploit us in the pass game. Glad we got the W on the road. They need to figure out how they want to broadcast games from here on out. Watching on TV wasnt very good. Awful angles and couldnt follow the ball easily.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Cannot expressing how much of a blessing this schedule is for us, and the fact that we have 3 early games to get our bearings straight before we get to the meet of our schedule. This more so than other years when you are breaking in a new QB that barely got any playing time the previous year with a defense that lost two of its best players in the last four years. Still a lot that needs to improve but got one more week to fix them before life gets real.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Post thoughts here

A few quick things

Defense played great second half.

Forced turnovers.

Offense was sloppy early on but recovered well.

Killed them on the edge today.

Happy to get the win as always.

Was White hurt or cramped up?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Exactly my read on it too. Some will wonder what happened to our passing game today. The answer can be found in how often we ran wide on Tulane for big games. Tulane's defense was far more afraid of giving up the big pass play than anything else today. The secondary did not play close or crash the corners. Rather stunning.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Give me the cliff's notes version. Did we look ok or like crap?
Lots of early mistakes followed by workman like, grind it out football.
Positives from the game included the following.

(1) Team faced early adversity and did not panic.
(2) Our team was in better condition as Tulane players began to fall one by one to the heat.
(3) The defense pitched a second half shut out.
(4) We beat the point spread.
(5) Lots of players got to play today and we substituted a lot.
(6) The team had another bonding, character building game.