GT @ Syracuse 2/28/23 GAME THREAD

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
School record 18 made 3s!

Screenshot_20230228-205424.png

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I am a lurking GT fan in upstate New York. My son and I are going to this game tonight. It is his first college basketball game.

This has been a rough season, no doubt, but the team seems to finally be playing up to their potential. Hoping for a blowout, expecting tight competition, praying not to be buried.
Dude you need to go to A LOT MORE GAMES!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hopefully they correct the box score and get Franklin credit for 10 assists so that he has a triple double for tonight's game.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow!!! Great shooting always makes the game a little easier. Nice road win.

Short bench tonight, but it worked.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Call me crazy but I think we could go on a run in the tourney. We are playing a short bench though so that could catch up with us

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So I admittedly didn’t watch this. And when I heard we made 18 three I thought man that’s amazing. Then I looked and we were 18-40 from 3.

We attempted 40 three point shots in a game? Yikes. I’m glad we were on tonight!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@CuseJacket and @Connell62 it is now clear that Syracuse does not play that zone with anything close to the same skill as past teams. But we are playing much better basketball now that Pastner is sticking with the guys who can play. 27 assists is just cruel.

I know something changed mentally with these guys, but how many triple doubles has any GT player ever recorded? Miles with 30? Three players with 20+? What did Pastner say that finally clicked with these guys?