Article GT Swarm Mock Board 10/30

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Pitman is going to have a hard time flipping he is a loyal guy but I would say 65 percent chance he flips to GT.

Hearing that Ole Miss has asked Pittman to take a Greyshirt due to his injury. I really think that will be the factor that will push him to flip to us.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Hearing that Ole Miss has asked Pittman to take a Greyshirt due to his injury. I really think that will be the factor that will push him to flip to us.

Wow that would be big...that is the first I've heard of that. I knew it was a possibility but surprised they have asked so soon.

Should be good for us.

mkemkay

Georgia Tech Fan
Eric, thanks so much for your work on this, it's an amazing addition to the site!

I have a couple of suggestions, take them or leave them as you see fit:
  1. Could you add the player's location? It may add to some gnashing of teeth, but I'm always interested to see where we are recruiting and if we're getting players taken from our back yard, regardless of whether GA is our focus or our thrust is national b/c of academic standards, etc.
  2. I know we are loath to refer to other boards here, but some folks might want to get a link to some ratings boards. I am not fully aware of the obstacles to it, but I'm sure quite a few folks would want to see the other offers, ratings, other crap.
Again, thanks for all your work on this, it's incredibly helpful and valuable!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, thanks so much for your work on this, it's an amazing addition to the site!

I have a couple of suggestions, take them or leave them as you see fit:
  1. Could you add the player's location? It may add to some gnashing of teeth, but I'm always interested to see where we are recruiting and if we're getting players taken from our back yard, regardless of whether GA is our focus or our thrust is national b/c of academic standards, etc.
  2. I know we are loath to refer to other boards here, but some folks might want to get a link to some ratings boards. I am not fully aware of the obstacles to it, but I'm sure quite a few folks would want to see the other offers, ratings, other crap.
Again, thanks for all your work on this, it's incredibly helpful and valuable!

I include the players Rivals profile in their own recruiting thread so you can see the location, ratings, offers, etc.

We also don't mind links to other sites...doesnt bother me.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric, who do you see committing next? Rodgers? Pittman?

I think if Pittman flips it will be on his OV here.

Same could be said for Rogers....Like I said earlier though we will know what kind of shot we have at Rogers after this weekend.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
When a greyshirt is offered, what percentage of the time does the school still strongly pursue the recruit vs. use it to push the recruit away? I know there's probably no way to know, but I feel like greyshirts are rarely offered in 100% good faith. I'm sure if Ole Miss were hurting for DT's they wouldn't risk Pittman leaving by offering a greyshirt. Barring a Myles Autry situation it's likely Jamiyus will be good to go come next fall.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
When a greyshirt is offered, how often is it that the school actually still strongly wants the recruit vs. uses it as a way to push the recruit away? I know there's probably no way to know, but I feel like this is rarely done in good faith. I'm sure if Ole Miss were hurting for DT's they wouldn't risk Pittman leaving by offering a greyshirt. Barring a Myles Autry situation it's likely he'll be good to go come next fall.

It just depends on the case to case basis really...Bama uses it all the time when they no longer want a kid. Look at a RB from a couple of years ago Justin Taylor.

I agree it is done more often than not in a bad way.

I would love for them to give us Pittman!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
If Ole Miss greyshirts Pittman I would expect that to be a christmas present from Ole Miss with a gold ribbon wrapped around it.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I would change my projection on Pittman...Don't think we will end up with space for him.

Not looking as good for Rogers as he missed the Pitt visit...have to get him on campus if we want to flip him.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I would change my projection on Pittman...Don't think we will end up with space for him.

Not looking as good for Rogers as he missed the Pitt visit...have to get him on campus if we want to flip him.
The reason Rogers missed apparently his mother was sick and that was his ride to the game.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Hope so. I have not heard anything from his side lately...thanks.

Hopefully we can get him here for the UGA game.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey guys it has been a little over a month now since this thread began, can we get an update?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm working on something else right now...but I plan to update this in the next week or two.