GT students really getting a bonus shaft

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
That was not Cabera's decision...it came from USG/chancellor. All 26 institutions had decision made for them. Institutions are giving prorated refunds for campus housing and dining.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
That was not Cabera's decision...it came from USG/chancellor. All 26 institutions had decision made for them. Institutions are giving prorated refunds for campus housing and dining.
It was his decision to put out a statement putting the students in limbo. Great that they are giving them refunds but they are also asking them to move out in under 24 hours. I guess that's fine if your parents live in Marietta but not if they are in Dubai or California. Check r/gatech and see the uproar.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It was his decision to put out a statement putting the students in limbo. Great that they are giving them refunds but they are also asking them to move out in under 24 hours. I guess that's fine if your parents live in Marietta but not if they are in Dubai or California. Check r/gatech and see the uproar.

I don't understand that decision. I used to work in housing and I don't understand how they can't keep at least the dorms open. With as much students having moved out as there has been, split each student in their own room and have the actual housing department be on partial staffing (have some one on call in case there's an emergency and that's it).

You can still close dining halls and all other communal buildings where people would congregate.

Maybe if they're trying to do a deep clean, but I doubt that will happen until May.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand that decision. I used to work in housing and I don't understand how they can't keep at least the dorms open. With as much students having moved out as there has been, split each student in their own room and have the actual housing department be on partial staffing (have some one on call in case there's an emergency and that's it).

You can still close dining halls and all other communal buildings where people would congregate.

Maybe if they're trying to do a deep clean, but I doubt that will happen until May.

Its call CYA. They don't want to be accused of running a petri dish and getting more kids infected. If they get infected somewhere else, "Its not my fault"