GT Soda Cups

MartyH1988

Georgia Tech Fan
Good evening all!

I am a GT fan from Billingham, Teesside, England!

I visited in 2019, when I travelled over to see the Falcons play during that time I attended the GT game against Citadel (we got beat in extra time) and I keep a close eye on GT!

I was wondering if anyone of this forum would be kind enough to post/mail me two of the soda cups for the season comijg, where you buy a drink and get to keep the cup?

Myself and my brother in law (though he is a Vikings fan!) are fans and it would mean the world to us!

Of course I will pay the postage and I will pay for the drinks as well! I have attached a picture of the one I collected at the game.

Thanks,

Marty

Attachments

• 223F9D06-74C0-424D-85AF-E938BDCF15ED.jpeg
    223F9D06-74C0-424D-85AF-E938BDCF15ED.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60

MartyH1988

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m sure someone here will be more than willing to help out. I will say, not sure if you know this, but that game you went to was probably the worst loss in the history of GT Football. Pretty cool we still got a fan out of it.
I loved it, not the loss, obviously, just the people around us who spoke to us, got us involved! I often get mocked at my team (I play American Football in the UK) for not being a Bulldogs fan, but I am happy where I am!

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I loved it, not the loss, obviously, just the people around us who spoke to us, got us involved! I often get mocked at my team (I play American Football in the UK) for not being a Bulldogs fan, but I am happy where I am!
Don't take any **** from them, it's always To Hell With georgia!! I'll get some extra cups at the first game and then I'll hit you up on here for arranging logistics, if someone else hasn't already done so by then. Cheers!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Great to have a fan from England!

I haven't had the pleasure yet of visiting your area of England yet, but if we ever get able to travel again I hope to make a trip over to explore up that way. On our last trip, we stayed northwest of London around Great Tew and Hook-Norton. It was a great trip to just chill out, take a few walkabouts and drink more than a few ales in awesome small village pubs.

Welcome!

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I was supposed to be coming through your town by train this past May on the way from York to Edinburgh, but Covid made for a change of plans. Now planning the trip for next year. If you haven't gotten the cup by then, I might just be able to personally bring you one :):beer:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Good evening all!

I visited in 2019, when I travelled over to see the Falcons play during that time I attended the GT game against Citadel (we got beat in extra time) and I keep a close eye on GT!

I was wondering if anyone of this forum would be kind enough to post/mail me two of the soda cups for the season comijg, where you buy a drink and get to keep the cup?

Myself and my brother in law (though he is a Vikings fan!) are fans and it would mean the world to us!

Of course I will pay the postage and I will pay for the drinks as well! I have attached a picture of the one I collected at the game.

Thanks,

Marty
Jolly good post, ol' chap! I know we can get you anything GT you want. I hope we win though in our next extra overtime game.

Baker99

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m sure someone here will be more than willing to help out. I will say, not sure if you know this, but that game you went to was probably the worst loss in the history of GT Football. Pretty cool we still got a fan out of it.
That was the first game I ever took my wife to. She still complains about Collins calling that time out. I'm amazed she has let me get season tickets.

Baker99

Georgia Tech Fan
I think I have some cups from last season that got brought home and stuffed in a cabinet if you're interested.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Good evening all!

Thanks,

Marty
Here is a picture of one I think is from 1979 or 1980 (am I aging myself?)

Attachments

• 20210816_151932[1].jpg
    20210816_151932[1].jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 12

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone know if the cups last year were back to the thicker walled kind? The last cup I got was from 2019, and it was really thin and felt cheap.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Both are college grads, one with an advanced degree, and both pull for Tech. They are married, with families, and most importantly have an address different from mine! Glad they dodged the BPA bullet 😉.

Finally! The excuse I needed for why my kids turned out like they did ;)

Just kidding, they are good kids and one's even at Tech. Still. Sigh.