GT signing with....

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Key words, right now.... in two years we will be lame again like Russell
thats not true, when you look around the globe, Adidas is right up there with Nike. They have some of the best basketball players and quite possibly the worlds best soccer player in Messi. At their prime, Russell had nothing like that. Adidas brings a lot of "street cred" to GT. There is a lot to be excited about.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Seriously, do some research on what Adidas has been doing. It's not just the ultra boosts...not even close.

Ultra boost shoes are ugly as sin, they literally fold up like an upside down banana , to be that ugly they better give the Athelte wearing them atelast a 6 inch increase in their vertical jump and shave off about a half a second on their 40 time

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Anything is better than Russell but adidas is lame, once again we are in the minority .
Was really hoping for Nike, UA, then adidias

I don't care that they have some ultra boost shoes , this will be their 15 min in the sun. In the long run Adidas blows
Between this and the BBack thread, you seem to be a ball of joy for anything GT related....

northgajacket

Banned
thats not true, when you look around the globe, Adidas is right up there with Nike. They have some of the best basketball players and quite possibly the worlds best soccer player in Messi. At their prime, Russell had nothing like that. Adidas brings a lot of "street cred" to GT. There is a lot to be excited about.

They also sponsor various national soccer teams ( Germany, Argentina), and starting this season they will be the uniform provider for the NHL.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This is unfortunately true. Adidas made an ultra boost shoe that is really nice for the first time in 2 decades, and people jump on the fad like "THEY'RE BACK, THEY'RE HOT".

Huge opportunity missed here.

Was "Air" a fad? I love Nike as much as the next but they had to find their niche to monopolize the market just like Adidas is doing in the lifestyle side. Adidas just didn't come out of anywhere.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
MGTfan GT sent out an email saying there was a big announcement coming at 8am EST with the tag line "we are the tomorrow takers" which was an old adidas spot. People are speculating based on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Ultra boost shoes are ugly as sin, they literally fold up like an upside down banana , to be that ugly they better give the Athelte wearing them atelast a 6 inch increase in their vertical jump and shave off about a half a second on their 40 time
Well, I just bought a pair of Nikes new technology to compete with the ultra boost. The Vapormax. . You want to talk about junk then I found it. Look great but no support, no cushion and feels like your walking in cleats on cement.
As far as folding like a banana, Nikes roshe or any fly technology does the same. It's all about flexibility and light weight technology now with both brands.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I for one am alright with this. I really like nike branding, and thought UA was a great fit based on the history and their slant of pushing technology into their products but think adidas is some where in the middle. They also have a smaller stable of premier brands than Nike so we should get more attention from their branding group.

This may hurt us in basketball but apparently The dark horse Big Baller Brand couldn't get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Banned
Was "Air" a fad? I love Nike as much as the next but they had to find their niche to monopolize the market just like Adidas is doing in the lifestyle side. Adidas just didn't come out of anywhere.

Airmax and Frees are longterm winners. Clutch. Yeezys and boosts are a fad, like fidget spinners and 2 Chainz.

I'm anxious to see the design of the unis, but the Adidas logo is what it is.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Airmax and Frees are longterm winners. Clutch. Yeezys and boosts are a fad, like fidget spinners and 2 Chainz.

I'm anxious to see the design of the unis, but the Adidas logo is what it is.

Boost is a cushioning system. Comfort never goes out of style.

This helps basketball more than any other program @MidtownJacket. I bet we will pull a few 4* and 5* off the Adidas AAU circuit