GT self reports a minor violation

Atomic Jacket

Banned
http://footballscoop.com/news/12408...ional-video-loses-12-minutes-of-practice-time

What new devilry is this? Tech just can't seem to get out of its own way without committing some kind of violation. You would think with the way the NCAA has hammered Tech (flunkgate scholarship losses and the T-shirt and watch that cost Tech an ACC Championship trophy) that Tech would be iron-clad when it came to compliance. Just unbelievable.

And the self imposed punishment, 12 minutes? Are you kidding me? That seems like the kind of non-serious flippant response that would absolutely infuriate some humorless NCAA stiff.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
When I played baseball in college we had "Voluntary Mandatory Workouts". It was voluntary WHEN you worked out, but mandatory THAT you worked out.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'm surprised the NCAA didn't invoke the special GT punishment clause and impose a 12yr punishment for every violation. It would only be fair to punish GT harshly for our elaborately concocted scheme to cheat the system.

I don't understand why we don't just go the easy route and pay our players, give them cars and make up fake classes for them to get A's in like all the big time programs. There's no penalty for that.

Damn, we're supposed to be the smart guys.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the strength coach being available during weight training for safety reasons. Very easy to hurt yourself lifting weights if not done properly.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like the strength coach being available during weight training for safety reasons. Very easy to hurt yourself lifting weights if not done properly.

The strength and conditioning staff will spend more time with during a player's college career than the actual football coaches. That's why the head S&C guy is actually one of the most components of the program.