GT Returning Tickets for ugag Game?

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
An acquaintence forwarded me text from an email he claimed he got from the ugag athletic department stating GT was returning about 4000 tickets that they hadn't been able sell for this year's game. He didn't forward the from: and to: email addresses, so I couldn't validate what he sent. I was wondering if anyone else had heard this, and if it is true, why do you think we couldn't sell our allotment for a rival game. I know that some people are reluctant to travel to the cesspool of the south, knowing the way they would be treated by the inbred fans there (the ones that didn't have to work the Saturday shift at Walmart). However, if I had known there were tickets still available, I would have picked up a few. In previous years, when I tried to get some, I was too low on the season ticket holder totem pole and they were always sold out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do we usually return tickets for the UGAg game? I floated the idea past my wife to go since we may be near Clemson for Thanksgiving. She's been twice and will never go to Athens again given the incivility of the typical UGAg fan. They have done what they wanted, developed more of a home field advantage.

Isn't it early in the season to be returning tickets for a game over 2 months away?

The reason I ask is that is seems to me that the general GT fan base is waiting for something to get excited about concerning football. Maybe things will pick up when the real season starts in a week.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Nuke. It seems early to return tickets. If the season goes well, the demand would go up. Are they contractually obligated to return them this early?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Need to quit being pansies IMO. I went in 97 thinking we would more likely than not lose. Went there for gaileys first try there...ugly game. Went there in 08 thinking we'd most likely lose...Best damn game ever. Been many years....often leave disappointed.
If you are waiting for the year you think we likely beat them....you will never ever go and will miss some great games.
I say this and believe it...yet my wife refuses to return also. So I get where some are coming from. Just wish our fans would grow thicker skin regarding the mutts.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I get my tix to the Athens games now through my UGA grad brother n sister in laws. Those are always better seats than what I can get from Tech's allotment.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
The seats returned are Crap SEC 600 . The cost is 90.00 a ticket . I got the email . I can buy good tickets for much less . If UGA is going to use those for visiting fans , that just tells you UGA fans won't buy those horrible seats either .They gave me some tickets up there for the last GT vs UGA game in Athens . It was like watching the game on a IPhone . The Stadium seating is already to far from the field because of the original design , add the height of SEC 600 and they have to be the worst seats in college football .

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am with Flea. I wouldn't read much into returning tickets as there are clearly so many influences and aspects involved here that it doesn't mean too much in any clear way.

The road games I have gone to I have typically not purchased the tix through the allotment given to the Tech AA since they are routinely so restricted to a specific section and I am not so concerned about being grouped with fellow Tech fans. I look around at all available options.

Objectively over the years, and relative to the size of its fanbase and the school, Tech has always shown itself to be a "good" travelling team/fanbase. Any specific example or return of tickets doesn't change the overall long-term dynamic and reputation. This is one of those areas that a segment of the fanbase has skewed perceptions based on comparing Tech to huge SEC state schools and the like.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Need to quit being pansies IMO. I went in 97 thinking we would more likely than not lose. Went there for gaileys first try there...ugly game. Went there in 08 thinking we'd most likely lose...Best damn game ever. Been many years....often leave disappointed.
If you are waiting for the year you think we likely beat them....you will never ever go and will miss some great games.
I say this and believe it...yet my wife refuses to return also. So I get where some are coming from. Just wish our fans would grow thicker skin regarding the mutts.
Last time I went to the s--t hole was88 and as we were leaving after being cussed all the way to the car I told people with me that that cesspool would be a good place to test bombs and put their inbred drunk fans in it when they did. I hate uga and everything connected to them.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Last time I went to the s--t hole was88 and as we were leaving after being cussed all the way to the car I told people with me that that cesspool would be a good place to test bombs and put their inbred drunk fans in it when they did. I hate uga and everything connected to them.

Not really necessary to test bombs there, though. They do that enough on their own...

UGA beautification project