GT Returned Tickets to Athens Community College?

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I heard this being talked about on 680 last week so, considering the source, I thought I would reach out to a more knowledgeable group (i.e. GT Swarm) to get confirmation. Chuck and Chernoff were reporting that GT had returned several thousand unsold tickets to uga. If this is true, I'm PO'ed. I called the ticket office a couple of months ago to inquire about ticket availability and was told that "all of the available tickets have been allocated." Does anyone have any insight (and please, no lectures regarding going to the cesspool of the south. Sometimes when you know you are going to have to slum it, you can prepare yourself).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Someone posted on one of the GT sites a few weeks ago that we returned, by contract I assume, about 2,000 tix to ugag.

Hopefully things go so bad for them, and good for us, they have to re-return them.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Most Tech fans are unwilling to go to Athens for games. Which is a shame. Some of my all time favorite games seen in person were played there. Yeah it sux when we lose but Oh my how glorious it is when we beat them there.

Btw.....Ill be there again this year! Go JACKETS, to hell with georgia!!!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Most Tech fans are unwilling to go to Athens for games. Which is a shame. Some of my all time favorite games seen in person were played there. Yeah it sux when we lose but Oh my how glorious it is when we beat them there.

Btw.....Ill be there again this year! Go JACKETS, to hell with georgia!!!
Plus, when we win you can go grab a piece of hedge for posterity!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Plus, when we win you can go grab a piece of hedge for posterity!

please no

My first win there I took a small piece to book scrap. It was maybe a 3 inch long piece. I wouldn't condone ripping them up but a small piece like that is less than what needs to be trimmed weekly by the grounds crew. Haven't felt the need to take anymore since (have witnessed at least 2 more wins since then).... I've been there before and I act like it now ;)

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
My daughter and I were there 2 years ago, and we obviously had a great time :). That is why we were thinking about returning this year. I'm wondering who the GT tickets had already been "allocated" to. I'm a season ticket holder, but I will admit I'm in the cheap seats (upper north), so I'm wondering if that's why I couldn't get the tickets.

I was last there in 2002 (UGLY game). That was the first year they relegated Tech fans (I assume all visiting fans) to the endzones. Until then I always sat somewhere between the goal line and the 40 yard line.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
BTW ... what is the deal with Uncle Lou? I actually enjoyed watching his meltdown, but it looks to me like he's just trying to get followership on YouTube.

It was funny to hear him say his wife won't let him watch Dawg games in the house. So his whole set up in from the garage. When he pans the camera, you can see all his garden stuff.

BTW ... what is the deal with Uncle Lou? I actually enjoyed watching his meltdown, but it looks to me like he's just trying to get followership on YouTube.

It was funny to hear him say his wife won't let him watch Dawg games in the house. So his whole set up in from the garage. When he pans the camera, you can see all his garden stuff.
Oh, he definitely gets followership on YouTube and gets ad revenue based on the number of viewers. AugsutaJacket said he knew him in HS. I need to find out his real name, because my niece might have had him as a student at that HS.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

In UGA circles he's a parody fan just yelling all the things people want to yell with no abject thought. Vast majority of UGA fans that know of him know his stuff shouldn't be taken 100% and some don't like him at all.

He's seen as an equivalent of a living SECRant post.