GT Recruiting/Football blitz 7/26

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
ATL1 you have to consider that Sims has only played RB for two years. So his soph year was his first time playing that position. He was running high and making a lot of mistakes. Last year, he was hurt all season long. CPJ and others on staff have publicly stated how impressed they were with him for grinding it out hurt all season. CPJ also said that he is healthy this year and it has been a really long time since he has been this good. He is working really hard and everyone says he is one of the hardest workers. Laskey has worked his butt off and really had a good/productive year. I expect to see some big plays from this cast.

On the offensive line we have Shaq who Bailey who are really good. There is no hype here. They are just the real deal if they are healthy.
Jay Finch when healthy is very good and works hard on the line. He played hurt last year as well. Those three guys are a great foundation for a really good OL. Beno and Jackson are as seasoned as you can get and we should expect them to be better than last year. They both had some really good games last year but sometimes they were not that effective. However, they never got their butts kicked either.

We have some second string guys that are pretty impressive like B Chamberlain and Trey Braun. Then its a cast of pretty good guys that need to be more consistent but that hold it down OK.

I really think Gotis and Cummings are going to hold it down at DT. Obviously Sneezy should be even better at least a little bit. Thats a solid group. I expect with 3 guys competing at the other DE position that someone will emerge just like you think will happen at WR.

Depth at DT is pretty good with Gamble and Kitchen. Stargel will hold his own backing up Sneezy.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Lots of Kool Aid being sipped ...
But seriously are they still recruiting Zanders??
I still have concerns in the following areas:
1. explosiveness from the BBack position
2. offensive line push and protection
3. WR
4. DL pressure and run stopping
5. Play calling
Kool-Aid being sipped????? I've got myself a BIG GULP sized cup and I'm chugging that Kool-Aid!

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Any updates on Fred Holton? Is he a secret weapon this season the the coaches are keeping under wrap or is his career basically done?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Any updates on Fred Holton? Is he a secret weapon this season the the coaches are keeping under wrap or is his career basically done?

They are expecting him to be ready for camp and compete for playing time this year...His career is far from over. Fred has taken this situation harder than anybody because he loves the game of football so much. He's very determined and let's all hope that he can stay healthy.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I have some info on that front. Eric, probably has some more to add as well. He has a clean bill of health..Let me repeat that. Clean bill lol. He is at a full go now and you should expect to hear this guys name called a lot. Look at the player voting for strongest and all of the above. He received a ton of votes.

The only thing that scares me is if he gets hurt again..knock on wood

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
I have some info on that front. Eric, probably has some more to add as well. He has a clean bill of health..Let me repeat that. Clean bill lol. He is at a full go now and you should expect to hear this guys name called a lot. Look at the player voting for strongest and all of the above. He received a ton of votes.

The only thing that scares me is if he gets hurt again..knock on wood

Or he hits somebody so hard that the incompetency of the ACC refs shines bright and they eject him with that new dumb *** suspension added on.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Its less than 40 days to kick off, I am drinking the cool-aid!! Great stuff as usual Eric! Honestly what do you project our record to be this year?

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Two questions:

1) Is it football season yet?

2) To what extent do you plan on covering fall camp? I am curious to see if you or any of the other guys here notice any differences in what the staff have to say about the team compared to years past. For example, do you get the feeling that they believe we can field a solid team for 2013 or does it seem like the typical pre-season coach-speak?

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Two questions:

1) Is it football season yet?

2) To what extent do you plan on covering fall camp? I am curious to see if you or any of the other guys here notice any differences in what the staff have to say about the team compared to years past. For example, do you get the feeling that they believe we can field a solid team for 2013 or does it seem like the typical pre-season coach-speak?

I have some friends that are coaches at GT who can provide that kind of information for me. When I say friends..I mean two and when I say friends...I mean we talk a little. Eric has more connections than I do.